• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What Hyper 7 CVDs are these?

What are the top Hyper 7 CVDs? I’ve just taken them out of my Hyper 7 that I bought second hand. The style I’m familiar with is below it (taken from my Hyper ST).

I need to find a replacement but this style has confused me a bit.

557FF105-160D-47F7-8AAF-6CB8BB7AD00C.jpeg

CADD2E4A-84C3-4DFC-9798-122E261AC268.jpeg

Shame they broke,  Looks like the kind that are easy to put rubber booties on to seal the sut and grit out so you can fill em with Corrosion-X grease so they never wear out...  Until they actually break that is.....

If your Hyper ST is brushless you can use any spare rear upper arm turnbuckles to make sweet extra chassis braces (with the longer plastic bit on both ends for the rear),  from the little aluminum tube/space thing that the bolt that holds the rear chassis brace to the gearbox goes through..     To the Unused nitro Brake gubbins hole in the middle of the center diff plate...

For connecting the turnbuckle to the center diff plate I use an M3 cap head Bolt through a Ball end like the ones that the turnbuckle is connected to the shocktower with.

Then an M4 Nut underneath the ball end to fill in the ole of the center plate.   then a thick wide washer,  then an M3 Nylock nut from underneath to clamp it all together onto the plate....

I also do something similar for the front so the center diff mount can't be pushed over and forwards from an extreme rear impact.

They work great,  and have a little give in them to absorb energy rather than just transferring it on to the next part to break....

Might want to fill in the hollow bit of the longer plastic part of the turnbuckle with shoegoo or E6000 though to beef it up ( clean part with 99% alcohol so the goo sticks stronk,   sellotape over one side of the hollow,  then pour in shoegoo to fill it up)

• Thanks 1