• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Fazer Aston Martin DBR9 - Any thoughts? And newbie!

Silly_Billy

Evening all. So as the title says, I'm a newbie, both to the forum and to RC. 

I've always enjoyed RC cars, and yesterday I went out and bought 2 - second hand of course, can't afford brand new! The one I'm most in love with is the Kyosho Fazer Aston Martin DBR9, just looks stunning. 

The car hadn't been used in a few years, so I picked it up today, and basically tore it apart, stripped the motor to bare parts and then rebuilt it. I'd like to think I've gotten the throttle body properly tuned. Only issue while getting it running at first, was that it stripped the center gear cog, so got one on order.

So basically, my question is this - did I do ok for £80 for a second hand DBR9 that is actually in really good knick?

The other car that I got was an Acme Racing Monster T that has never been used. I've broken the motor in, 6 tanks of fuel through it already. As much fun as a monster truck is, I think I would still prefer the road car.

Sounds like a good deal 

12 hours ago, Silly_Billy said:

Evening all. So as the title says, I'm a newbie, both to the forum and to RC. 

I've always enjoyed RC cars, and yesterday I went out and bought 2 - second hand of course, can't afford brand new! The one I'm most in love with is the Kyosho Fazer Aston Martin DBR9, just looks stunning. 

The car hadn't been used in a few years, so I picked it up today, and basically tore it apart, stripped the motor to bare parts and then rebuilt it. I'd like to think I've gotten the throttle body properly tuned. Only issue while getting it running at first, was that it stripped the center gear cog, so got one on order.

So basically, my question is this - did I do ok for £80 for a second hand DBR9 that is actually in really good knick?

The other car that I got was an Acme Racing Monster T that has never been used. I've broken the motor in, 6 tanks of fuel through it already. As much fun as a monster truck is, I think I would still prefer the road car.

Sounds like a good deal 👍 Got any pics ?