• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Lasernut issues

Lox09

Hi... agree with the above. I bought the Lasernut on the back of fantastic performance of DB Pro, which I still love. 3 packs in to the Lasernut and a bearing blew where the pinion gear goes through the rear diff case causing carnage to ring gear and plastic case. All parts bought (couldn’t be bothered waiting for warranty) rebuilt and running well... then front right dog bone snapped where it goes in to cvd cup 100% clear rubbed on full lock. All this in 2 hours run time from new! My advice would be DONT BUY YET. They clearly have issues, that they are denying at the moment. My feeling is that they have tried to make a bigger beast on a smaller TEN platform and it just can’t take it. It’s a shame because it is a thing of beauty and performs really good when it runs. I just feel that the 5x11x4mm bearings are just too small to handle additional forces... but I’m no expert 

Another update! Spoke to LogicRC this morning about my issues with the Lasernut. They were helpful and have started a further warranty claim with horizonhobby. They have heard about issues with driveshafts and wheel hubs but not the ring gear. I sent them images to illustrate issues and we talked about options. It is now over to horizonhobby to work out what is wrong and how to fix it..

Fingers crossed that this is sorted soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the reply I got from Logic RC... yes there was surface rust in the countersunk screw holes but that is because I ran it under the tap to wash most of the debris... caused by improper maintenance apparently... I have asked them to qualify exactly what maintenance is required straight out of the box to prevent this as it happened 3 batteries in... at least theY acknowledged dodgy dog bones

The drive shafts have been seen to have had a batch issue so can be replacement under warranty. The crown wheel damage is a result of the bearing collapsing because of water ingress to go rusty, as seen in the picture, and fail. The condition of the bearing shows that is operation was bad if not seized to cause the issue. Seeing the condition of this bearing I would suggest the other bearings and metal parts of the vehicle need checking and maintaining before future running.
Unquote

oh well... Traxxas here I come!

That is a surprise and not good! I have noticed rust in places on my lasernut and had started to replace screws with Stainless Steel ones (I had lying around). So are the not going to provide the other items under the warranty? 

Still waiting for a reply. I can take it on the chin when you drive something hard and you get the inevitable damage... all part of the game... but when this happens within 24hrs of picking it up and then they say.. ‘your fault due to improper maintenance’ then they have a fight on their hands... yes it was wet when I ran it but just a couple of shallow puddles that I tried to avoid... but if it has to be bone dry to run this then their sales in the uk will go down 😀 I just dare them to say anything about running it in the wet or puddles... if they do then I will be referring them to their promo video where they send it over a 30ft lake... could be seen as false advertising... anyway, hopefully it won’t come to that.

[emoji1696] I know what you mean, I can live still stuff breaking after a while of sustained bashing bit to fail so fast with only light use is rubbish.. I think if enough of us complain then they will sort this out! Or at least I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not too sure... would be nice to think they would. My neighbour had an issue with an XMaxx and they couldn’t do enough for him... almost replaced the whole car. The parts horizon would have to replace are retail about £80.... probably about £20 to them... I would have thought they would have just said ‘ sorry sir... there you go’ but no... instead they are making me feel like I’m just chancing my arm ... it’s so so easy to keep customers happy... but it is also just as easy to p them off... I’ll hold off totally slaying them at the moment until they reply... maybe they will come good.

Further Update. Ok I have got the most the replacement warranty parts from LogicRC, except for the ring and pinion gears for the rear. Hope that LogicRC can get these from HorizonHobby soon. Then I should be set again. Another Lasernut owner and youtuber ‘BigPoppaPaul’ who has had issues too, posted that he has added shims to central diff and double lcoknut to the wheels, which is worth knowing. Let’s hope that these fixes work and can enjoy what promises to be an amazing basher.. 

• 4 weeks later...

I stripped the rear diff after half an hour and rebuilt with new parts and then stripped the centre diff after about 2 1/2 hours running.waiting for new parts again,

getting frustrated but when it’s working it’s the best car I own. Anyone know of reasons or upgrades ??

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 18:23, Garyy said:

Hello.  I have also problem with rear diff. The gear is damage and car have noise sound. Any solution for this? I will order new gear but i hope that then will be ok

Edited by Dejc

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the delay buddy. I hope you got it sorted! 

In the end i sent the car back as I had the same issue twice with the rear diff despite shimming. 

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Mrbee said:

Why does my lasernut not respond to the responder and back up? 

If you mean it wont reverse when you hit reverse on the tx?, then you may need to recalibrate the end points on the ESC.

Would also be worth checking all motor connections, and receiver connections too.