• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TRX-4 sport light kit?

Rc211v

Hello. I've finished building my TRX-4 sport kit. Absolutely loved the build but I want to add a light kit to it now. 

All I want is 2 white and 2 orange for the front (5mm for white and 3mm for orange I believe and 2 red for the back, Also 5mm i think)  

The Traxxas one seems very expensive compared to the light kits I used to put on my drift cars a few years ago and looking at the wiring diagram on the Traxxas site plugs into an XL5 esc as well as the receiver but I'm running the Hobbywing 1080 esc so I'm not sure how or if I could bypass that anyway.?

Does anybody know of any reasonably priced kits elsewhere?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, willb said:

eBay or any of the Banggood type websites.

I bought the Sport light kit for mine. It does fit perfectly and looks very good. Expensive though like anything Traxxas!

Yeah I like the look of the Traxxas one. I'm just not sure how to make it work with the 1080esc?

If you have a spare channel you could try something like one of these. I use them a lot:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Lamp-Light-Control-Switch-Panel-System-Turn-on-Off-3CH-for-RC-Car-VehicL-YWI/153961295831

very cost effective, this was the last one I got but there are lots out there that are very similar.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Hi,

I had this for a while in my Amazon wish list :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081CW3CL3/?coliid=I2MUY1KIBM48YS&colid=1RX6EN21JGBX7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It might just be what you are looking for.

It is basically the same what you you get on Banggood except delivered the next day with Prime. 🙂

Thanks for that, I've just ordered it. 

Might not figure it out but it's worth a try at the price. 

31 minutes ago, Rc211v said:

Thanks for that, I've just ordered it. 

Might not figure it out but it's worth a try at the price. 

Glad that I coould help.

If everything works fine consider this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JST-XH2-50mm-Connector-Plug-Wire-Cable-Cord-300mm-pcb-mount-socket/223532031528?hash=item340b8c1e28:g:mWwAAOSweJNc7C5x

Then you will be able to remove the body shell completely with just a single plug.

Provided that you are good in tinkering and soldering. 🙂