• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which mini/micro Crawler?

DartmoorTrails

Interested in opinions on which mini/micro is best value and ability to upgrade for those in the know.

I'm leaning towards the SCX24 but wouldn't wish to ignore the 'other's, such as the Element 24, of FTX 24 (or is there an 18?), or I really like the RC4WD Gelande 1/18 but I've heard that's more for looks than ability?

That said, there seems to be quite a lot of admiration towards the WPL stuff; what's the quality like on that?

I'll be crawling them in the back garden or on the beach so defo needs to be capable which i'm thinking is going to require uprades whichever I go for.

Size wise; just needs to fit in a backpack!

Thanks in advance.

the scx is a gud-un.but a lot of the stuff is stateside.the ftx 2.0[also known as the cr-24] is cheap [£67-£71 from ere at MS] u just need an extra batt and sum metal UJs and ur gud to go. there is also a dedicated fb page for it.

• Like 1

I think the Scx out of all the smaller 1/24th is the better option,it's got a quality build out the box and is halfway there(3 wire servo/reasonable low speed control and decent torque)

It's at a level for ability and equipment similar to the RC4WD but focused on performance rather than scale.

You don't need to spend much on any of them but if you want them to behave and work as a crawler,not scaler/trail'er the Axial won't disappoint.

I've had a couple of the other branded 1/24th and I couldn't live with most of the bodies,wheels/tyres,overall gearing,lack of torque,poor two wire servo set ups....the Scx is in a league of its own even if it is over the Hundred quid mark....and I'm tight [emoji23]80fde7561fa073023bff3747e34342c9.jpg

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

• Like 2