• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Garmin 310XT

everclear1984

Hi all, is anyone using the Garmin 310XT for speed runs? I read a post on the Traxxas forum that it can be updated to give max speed readings but that's the only mention of it I can find. I'd like to know to refresh rate, and whether it's actually worth using. 

Cheers. 

I don't; know the answer but have one lying around considering using. I'm sure if you track an "activity" it will store the max speed, but the refresh rate as you say will be important. think the lowest it goes is 1 or 2 seconds. I will charge mine up later and look for you, as interested myself!!

34 minutes ago, gunja99 said:

I don't; know the answer but have one lying around considering using. I'm sure if you track an "activity" it will store the max speed, but the refresh rate as you say will be important. think the lowest it goes is 1 or 2 seconds. I will charge mine up later and look for you, as interested myself!!

Thanks, I think it's important to have the latest update. The Trackstar also had a low refresh rate as standard but could be tweaked via the software 👍

4 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Thanks, I think it's important to have the latest update. The Trackstar also had a low refresh rate as standard but could be tweaked via the software 👍

be a long time since the firmware was updated on the 310xt. I miss placed it for months got so mad, bought a 945, and what happened... the 310 turned up a week later... £30 second hand CBA to sell it, so use it on the car :) Will try it out next time out with the car, but they do give me max speed running or biking so... 

Grrrr, plugged it in last night to charge it up for playing with in next day or so... About 3AM (and considering the heat, thunder, lightening and down pours) it beeps with vibrate every 5-10 seconds... It's boot looping, on/off, on/off. Trying to hold every combination of buttons for 10 minutes, eventually drag meself downstairs to hide in the bottom of the washing basket. No sleep is had... Think probably ran out of charge eventually, I hope... Was quiet when got up for work anyways! Will try again later ;)