• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro fuel help

Jonathan_159

Hi guys so I was wondering if I can go from 20% up to 25% and then back down the 20%. I was thinking of trying(vp Master Basher 20%, and then try their Road race 25%, and If I think I like there Master Basher better, could I go back down to 20%?

you could, but it will need re tuning for each fuel. i would just stick with 20% if you are already using that. 

The engine you are using could have a bearing.  If not suited to 25%, it could overheat and, with significant use, wear excessively,   which could then make it a one way road.

In 60 years, except for competition, with suitable engines, I have never found the need for more than 20% and for some engines, less.

Personally if you're only bashing I doubt you'd notice much of a difference performance wise between 20 and 25%. The RTR/basher fuels will have a higher oil content to prioritise engine longevity whereas race spec fuels are blended more for performance.

If it were me i'd stick to the 20% basher fuel. Cheaper too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.K said:

Personally if you're only bashing I doubt you'd notice much of a difference performance wise between 20 and 25%. The RTR/basher fuels will have a higher oil content to prioritise engine longevity whereas race spec fuels are blended more for performance.

If it were me i'd stick to the 20% basher fuel. Cheaper too!

Ok thanks for the advice