• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper MT Sport Plus Nitro

Jumper

1 hour ago, John Booth said:

I do like a nice nitro truck.....not had any of mine out in ages as the neighbor's complain🤬....must try and find somewhere to run them! 🤔

whereabouts in west yorkshire are you?

6 hours ago, John Booth said:

I do like a nice nitro truck.....not had any of mine out in ages as the neighbor's complain🤬....must try and find somewhere to run them! 🤔

best way to find places i've found is go on google maps and look for green fields on the above view, then check them out on the street view :) There seem to be loads of people out atm because of the weather and playgrounds not being open so i tend to go later in the evening when everyone else has one home. 7-9pm

• 2 weeks later...

So i ordered 2 pairs of brand new drive shafts. All 4 of them are cracked straight out the packet :( checked the shafts i was using in the truck and another one had snapped, 2 are cracked and 1 is ok. 

I have 10 of the drive shafts now and only 1 of them isn't cracked or broken :( Last run i didnt even jump the truck at all. I spent 4 tanks just refining the tune on the engine and still manage to snap a pin. 

28 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

ouch mate not really acceptable :eek:

Yeah it really sucks. Clearly some kind of quality control issue, which is strange because hyper St and mt2+ use the exact same universal shaft design and they hold up perfectly fine. 

The rest of the truck has been solid as well. Not broken anything other than drive shafts so far. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2023 at 11:00, arobo96 said:

Hey guys any ideas if the transmission in these things have oil in them from factory and mine just dosent shift into second at all the supplier and hobao are both being difficult to talk to about anything 

The gearbox doesn't have any oil in. 

Have you tried adjusting the shift point?