• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bind gt3c tx to standard trx4 ?

truxx

Hi.

Just bought a flysky gt3c for my basher and wondering if i can bind this tx to the stock trx rx ?

I know the gt3c is only 3 channel so won't be able to control everything (until it's hacked) I'd just like to use it as a spare if possible?

Thanks.

Dave.

You definately can't, they use different protocols, the beauty of the fltsky is high can pick up afhds receiver for pennies on eBay..i run all my cars on this system which is an absima cr3p but identical to your fly sky

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RevoMikey said:

You definately can't, they use different protocols, the beauty of the fltsky is high can pick up afhds receiver for pennies on eBay..i run all my cars on this system which is an absima cr3p but identical to your fly sky

Cheers for the reply Mikey.

I've looked on eBay and there's plenty to choose from, is there a specific one I have to get or would any skyfly rx work ?

This one is only 8 quid: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383616038061

I still have to hack the gt3c but it looks easy enough to do.

Thanks again.

Dave.

No worries, i tend to pick up a couple at a time as I'm always adding to my collection and i like them all on the same handset with their own profiles.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383614811721

I used to run the gt3c, to be honest it was the best tranny I've ever run, the only draw back was the battery so i went to the cr3p and back to aa's, I liked it so much when i dropped it and broke it i bought another, there are loads of variants, even turnigy make a model compatible.

They are so cheap i normally have two or three spares in my tool box, when they break they go in a different box and once every year or so i solder some antenna coax on the broken ones and repair them.

14 hours ago, RevoMikey said:

No worries, i tend to pick up a couple at a time as I'm always adding to my collection and i like them all on the same handset with their own profiles.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383614811721

I used to run the gt3c, to be honest it was the best tranny I've ever run, the only draw back was the battery so i went to the cr3p and back to aa's, I liked it so much when i dropped it and broke it i bought another, there are loads of variants, even turnigy make a model compatible.

They are so cheap i normally have two or three spares in my tool box, when they break they go in a different box and once every year or so i solder some antenna coax on the broken ones and repair them.

Yep I'm planning to follow suit... would much prefer to use 1 tx for everything .

I prefer the gt3c battery apposed to aa battery as its less hassle to charge. I was charging the AA on my nitecore d2, 2 at a time lol made worse by fact that the old fs racing tx alone takes 8 of them :~(  

Cheers.

Dave.