• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

No power/ response on throttle

RC Marty

Hi,

My car FTX outlaw brushless model currently doesn't work and I'm at a loss what to fix. 

Couple of days ago I got some grit stuck in the spur gear it worked it's way out but dented the teeth on the gear. It's at this point that reverse was playing up. Took it home, replaced the spur gear and fired her up. All fine, steering and forwards, but still no reverse not even wheel freewheeling. At the same time my ESC stopped doing the triple start up beeps wheneverit was powered up. I tried reverse and got nothing although I swear I could hear a noise emimating from the ESC whilst reverse was engaged. One more time powering on and then nothing no forwards no reverse no beeps from ESC, the  fan powers on and it has the orange LED but no others come one when I try fwd/rev.  So I've tried recalibrating it using the LEDS on the ESC it appears to register  each direction as it fkashes red when I enagage fwd/rev. 

In short my ESC doesn't make the start up sounds, I have no response from the car when pulling fwd/rev. Any ideas where I go from here?

If you're running the stock brushed esc and it's over a month old it did well. Pick yourself up a nice hobbywing 1060, or upgrade and go brushless. You don't regret it.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

might be worth calibrating the ESC there is usually a procedure to set the end points etc 

Usually you hold full throttle power on then get a beep etc but some are different if you do a google search on the ESC might find a manual and be able to reset it.

But could potentially be the ESC failing. I hope that's not the case 

I've tried to calibrate it bit it's stil not responding. I'll try again tomorrow see how I get on. Otherwise I may see of a local hobby shop can have a look. That or its £45 for a new one!