• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Strada MT/XT/SC etc owners

On 05/07/2020 at 23:15, iRiCkYx said:

Apologies only just seen this

so i just used two velcro straps and drilled into the chassis like below!

20200705-143554.jpg               

20200705-143559.jpg

This thing is running great on 4s now it's an absolute beast almost uncontrollable!

looking good my dude.

how is it holding up to 4s?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zyphruk said:

looking good my dude.

how is it holding up to 4s?

Absolutely fine! Just as i thought it would.

The only thing ive had go wrong is a stripped spur but maybe parts will begin to fail later on but have been running it on 4s every other day and is holding up just fine. Very glad i did it!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iRiCkYx said:

Absolutely fine! Just as i thought it would.

The only thing ive had go wrong is a stripped spur but maybe parts will begin to fail later on but have been running it on 4s every other day and is holding up just fine. Very glad i did it!  

Glad to hear! these trucks appear to be built well for how much they cost!

On 10/07/2020 at 22:40, Zyphruk said:

Finally got my new hobbywing setup in. Going to take it out tomorrow for a blast. will see how well the ESC holds up to 3s.

107355678_2656769247943830_320109050518814271_n.jpg

107790149_575866279992038_3293299328758468307_n.jpg

those hobbywing systems are great i run one in my Arrma Granite! Which pinion are you running?

18 hours ago, iRiCkYx said:

those hobbywing systems are great i run one in my Arrma Granite! Which pinion are you running?

just the standard one, getting power wheelies on 2s

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, joe grinstead said:

hey guys, I've not a tonne of knowledge on these but I bought an mt and an xb, both brushed. Is there an easy drop in motor to convert to brushless? Tia 

Good to hear you went for one of these i really love mine!

Depends on budget really and what batteries you intend to use? im guessing lipo?

I opted for a 4s setup which has been running fine but completely overkill if in honest a hobbywing system is perfect or you could even get away with a cheap goolrc for £35 and low gearing just beware of those goolrcs i have one and touch wood it's been fine but have heard it's a bit of a lottery some last and some just catch fire lol!

Personally mine has been fine i run it on my 2wd Corally Triton initially in a granite and it caused cogging.

Motors are great ESCs not so great!

3 minutes ago, iRiCkYx said:

Good to hear you went for one of these i really love mine!

Depends on budget really and what batteries you intend to use? im guessing lipo?

I opted for a 4s setup which has been running fine but completely overkill if in honest a hobbywing system is perfect or you could even get away with a cheap goolrc for £35 and low gearing just beware of those goolrcs i have one and touch wood it's been fine but have heard it's a bit of a lottery some last and some just catch fire lol!

Personally mine has been fine i run it on my 2wd Corally Triton initially in a granite and it caused cogging.

Motors are great ESCs not so great!

Cheers prob just 2s. So these motors just plug and play, no mounts n such? 

1 hour ago, joe grinstead said:

Cheers prob just 2s. So these motors just plug and play, no mounts n such? 

all plug and play just may have to go smaller on standard pinion if you get any issues 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do not buy a Gool RC or Surpass ESC.

If you're very lucky, they work ok.
If you're lucky they just won't work properly forcing you to bin them.
If you're unlucky, they burn down taking parts of the car with them.

Get a Hobbywing 40-80A for a 1/10.

Hi everyone,

like joe my knowledge is not great yet. I brought a brushed mt a few months back and looking to upgrade to brushless. Currently i have only 7.2v nimh batteries. I thought i would change to brushless now and then start to change to lipo a bit further down the line. 

Would the hobbywing still work with nimh? I have been told a eTronix Photon 2.1 45A ESC Combo With 9.0R 4350Kv Motor would be a good match, but wanted to hear your thoughts first?

4 hours ago, JChezz said:

Hi everyone,

like joe my knowledge is not great yet. I brought a brushed mt a few months back and looking to upgrade to brushless. Currently i have only 7.2v nimh batteries. I thought i would change to brushless now and then start to change to lipo a bit further down the line. 

Would the hobbywing still work with nimh? I have been told a eTronix Photon 2.1 45A ESC Combo With 9.0R 4350Kv Motor would be a good match, but wanted to hear your thoughts first?

I'm still undecided whether to go for the brushless or the brushed with a view to upgrading to brushless.

At £70 for the etronix combo plus the cost of the brushed version is it worth the £23 over buying the brushless rtr? 

1 hour ago, Hugoagogo said:

I'm still undecided whether to go for the brushless or the brushed with a view to upgrading to brushless.

At £70 for the etronix combo plus the cost of the brushed version is it worth the £23 over buying the brushless rtr? 

I went for the brushed thinking it would be good fun for me as a newbie to the rc world, however after going through 4 motors over a 7 runs out and the esc frying as i didnt change the tamiya connectors which melted, i wish i got the brushless 🤣 its all good fun and a learning curve. So if it was me i would go for the brushless straight away as a newbie. 

This is why I'm a bit hesitant to go for etronix combo which was suggested to me.

On 10/08/2020 at 18:29, JChezz said:

I went for the brushed thinking it would be good fun for me as a newbie to the rc world, however after going through 4 motors over a 7 runs out and the esc frying as i didnt change the tamiya connectors which melted, i wish i got the brushless 🤣 its all good fun and a learning curve. So if it was me i would go for the brushless straight away as a newbie. 

This is why I'm a bit hesitant to go for etronix combo which was suggested to me.

id recommend a hobbywing setup up.

On 20/08/2020 at 23:32, Hugoagogo said:

I finally decided to go with the brushless version,  it arrived yesterday but unfortunately one of the shocks has come apart in transit. 

is it damaged, or just come apart?

On 20/08/2020 at 23:32, Hugoagogo said:

I finally decided to go with the brushless version,  it arrived yesterday but unfortunately one of the shocks has come apart in transit. 

I think you have made the right choice, that's a bummer regarding the shocks hopefully it will be easily sorted.

I fitted the etronix combo over the week and took it out for a bash yesterday and today great fun, got some great speed out of it. Coging was an issue to start with, so reduced the pinion which has helped. 👍

Im looking to change the shock towers and rear and front steering hubs to aluminium next. But not sure if the shock towers would make it to ridged? 

20200823_193338.jpg

20200823_193357.jpg

7 hours ago, Zyphruk said:

is it damaged, or just come apart?

4 hours ago, JChezz said:

I think you have made the right choice, that's a bummer regarding the shocks hopefully it will be easily sorted.

The shaft has come away from the piston,  not sure if it's damaged but unsure how it could work loose/unscrew while in transit in the box. I haven't got any oil and I'm in no rush,  what with the weather being awful, so just waiting for a new shock arriving from HPI. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys i have 2 strada mt,s 1 evo brushed which i converted to brushless and 1 the latest strada brushless and i must say the older one seems ssoo much better put together i hardly have to do anything too it but the new brushless one need repairs after virtually every run and it doesnt get bashed as hard as the evo. think it was a friday afternoon car lol.

i have just purchased the maverick quantum flux xt does anyone know if it is a copy or has any copies from other manufacturer as i cannot get any spares or upgrades anywhere for it.

thanks in advance Phill.