• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper vse availability

DomP

I've had a Vse 80% roller on order with modelsport since middle to late May when at the time stock was due 26th may, since then it was pushed to 10 june and is now updated to unknown.

Does anyone have any inside info as to when I'm likely to receive it as Modelsport arent prepared to even hazard a guess.

How long is a piece of string?  To be fair to MS, they're prob just being honest based on the info they have?  Have you tried contacting CML Distribution?  They may be able to give you more idea, but in the current environment I wouldn't be surprised if there response was as per MS.  It's the same with most RC kits & RTRs at the moment, I've been after a Blitzer Beetle for months now, and the date on that keeps going south.  Can't say I'm surprised though, I'll just sit it out, gotta return to normal at some point and lets face it, it's a toy car, a lot of peeps have had to deal with much worse these last few weeks.

BTW, have you thought about a decent second hand Hyper 7 BL conversion?  They're fairly common, you could be tearing up the dirt by the weekend!

I had considered 2nd hand but by the time I've replaced potentially worn parts am I in a better position financially?  I'd rather be the one to take gouges out of the thing than inherit them I think

There are some decent pre-owned ones about but not many, TBH they’d have to be really ragged before you have to replace any worn parts & parts are plentiful.

Main thing is ESC + Motor I’ve seen a few with cheap kits thrown in which never last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get good motors for cheap like them fake castle 1512s all over eBay. Skimping on escs though is risky. I got the arrma blx185 for £30 and it works quite well. Maybe try second hand?