• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help with relic Kyosho ID.

The Trooper

thats an MP7.5, with the GX21 engine ... ive got one myself.

yours looks like an early ' sports ' model, with the white body

the only difference, i can notice, from mine, is it has the elbow neck exhaust manifold, and canister type air filter.

edit : i just noticed its missing the front chassis brace bar.
i believe thats normal, for the early models tho. they were only fitted with a rear bar, like yours.

Edited by Inferno-Chris

2 hours ago, Inferno-Chris said:

thats an MP7.5, with the GX21 engine ... ive got one myself.

yours looks like an early ' sports ' model, with the white body

the only difference, i can notice, from mine, is it has the elbow neck exhaust manifold, and canister type air filter.

edit : i just noticed its missing the front chassis brace bar.
i believe thats normal, for the early models tho. they were only fitted with a rear bar, like yours.

Awesome thanks for the ID, is it worth fixing up?

I've been out for a few years having done a full circle involving nitro, 5th scale and brush less.

2 hours ago, The Trooper said:

Awesome thanks for the ID, is it worth fixing up?

yeah, id keep it.
the 7.5 is an old model by todays standards, but that particular chassis, led the way for a lot of future kyosho models.

the later inferno models updated the balljoint chassis brace bars, for solid bars, which you can buy and fit, for just £3, and the even later models after that, used an updated battery re-location box, to move some weight towards the front of the car, to help the handling balance. you can pick those up for about £20 too.
those 2 mods are fairly cheap, and add several years of development work to the car, bringing it more upto date.

before you spend anything on it, check the engine out first. make sure its in good shape, and doesnt have any leaks. can be expensive to replace if theyve had it.

Edited by Inferno-Chris