• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie with Super Clodbuster needing RC system and servos

Coxysclod

Hi everyone

So im reliving my youth and bought myself a Super Clodbuster but its been a while since i bought any RC parts so i dont have a clue what to get for the extra bits i need.

I believe i need a "Radio control system, high torque steering servo, battery pack, charger and paint."

Ive been looking at websites etc and i cant make out what is best and im lost by some of the terminology so im looking for some advice.

- I think having numerous 3300 mah batteries is best for weight and charging time. Not sure about brand. Is there any difference?
- Id like a fast charger but hear constant fast charging reduces the life of batteries so think i need a charger that can do both seen this one Fusion Vector Nx86. 
- And a good responsive servo and control system. Cant work out what i need!!
- Good solid controller. Saw this which i thought sounds ok Core RC FHSS 3 channel. Thought 3 for apare for lights etc
- Are there any special tools needed for kits?
- How much paint is needed?

Thank you. All help is extremely appreciate!

On 17/05/2020 at 23:04, Coxysclod said:
Hi everyone

So im reliving my youth and bought myself a Super Clodbuster but its been a while since i bought any RC parts so i dont have a clue what to get for the extra bits i need.

I believe i need a "Radio control system, high torque steering servo, battery pack, charger and paint."

Ive been looking at websites etc and i cant make out what is best and im lost by some of the terminology so im looking for some advice.

- I think having numerous 3300 mah batteries is best for weight and charging time. Not sure about brand. Is there any difference?
- Id like a fast charger but hear constant fast charging reduces the life of batteries so think i need a charger that can do both seen this one Fusion Vector Nx86. 
- And a good responsive servo and control system. Cant work out what i need!!
- Good solid controller. Saw this which i thought sounds ok Core RC FHSS 3 channel. Thought 3 for apare for lights etc
- Are there any special tools needed for kits?
- How much paint is needed?

Thank you. All help is extremely appreciate!

the standard steering linkage is suppose to be pretty terrible. I would also recommend a lipo battery if the esc supports it. they are much more consistent and you can charge them in an hour. 

19 minutes ago, Coxysclod said:

Thanks Jumper.

I really dont know much about conoatibility. If i went lipo what would i nedd to change?

Would it mean chnaging motors also?

You would need an esc with lipo cut off to make sure they didn't discharge too much. The motors would still work fine.