• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to crawling

Briclimb

• 2 weeks later...

Mate that looks fantastic!

I like the colour scheme you chose. 

Have you got the dig working also now? Makes such a difference in turns and on wild climbs!

Oh, and I see you had your best spade on the job 👍

🤪😂

Edited by stimpy

Thanks. I think it came out looking ok I wanted it to match the chassis and shocks, it will be a shame to scratch it. 

not got the dig working yet because I couldn’t adjust the throw with my old Traxxas transmitter and it burnt out my servo so got a new servo coming and brought a Spektrum DX5C. Can’t wait to get it working because there are some tight turns on my track. 

looking forward to wales opening up so I can get up my local quarry’s for a play. 

couldn't find my castle bucket to go with my spade😂😂 

A185AFB6-9BED-44FD-AC13-F722C99FF472.jpeg

Edited by Briclimb
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 17/08/2020 at 15:25, Briclimb said:

Yes it’s so much better with a 13t pinion. I’ve found some great places to go in the nearby quarry’s 

saving up for a trail truck now 😁

Oh great news. Glad you've found some good spots, we'll have to have a meet someday maybe :-). 

So what trail truck you thinking?.

I’m in two minds it’s between the enduro and the scx 2. I’ve printed a truck cab so want to make a 6x6 so I think it might be easier to use the scx chassis as I know the axles can be converted to 6 wheel drive. 

defo up for meeting up your all welcome over here 

F7836F96-290A-46F1-972F-C97783A52A3D.jpeg

17 hours ago, Briclimb said:

I’m in two minds it’s between the enduro and the scx 2. I’ve printed a truck cab so want to make a 6x6 so I think it might be easier to use the scx chassis as I know the axles can be converted to 6 wheel drive. 

defo up for meeting up your all welcome over here 

F7836F96-290A-46F1-972F-C97783A52A3D.jpeg

That cab looks way heavy! Going to paint it up?

Was up near Hereford last week at the Black Mountain Cycle Ctr; you've got some crazy big hills up that way!👍

Ha yes it is heavy so I guess it won’t be a performance rig but should still be fun to drive around for a bit when it’s all painted up.  I just wanted to see how well I could get to grips with the whole 3D printing thing.
There are so many great places to go around here I have a really nice wooded gully just out side our house 😁

• Like 1

That cab looks the nutzzzzz!! Yeah I guess an scx base may be easiest - should have a chassis free shortly if you want (no axles etc mind)May actually have an RC4wd Trail finder chassis free in a bit - but that is likely to be a bit longer wait..... (Going to be designing my own chassis)

Running it on leafs will definitely look amazing👍

So do you have any rocky sections up your way? Or mostly gulleys / hills?.

Thanks it’s taken quite a while to print it now I have the mammoth task of sanding and painting to do. Hopefully it will be good when it’s finished.

About 30 mins away above Abergavenny I have a number of really good/big quarry’s With loads of rock to mess about on, I take my car along when I go climbing there. 

I got a cheap scx chassis off amazon for £7 but it’s pretty rubbish it’s not very straight it will do for mocking up stuff for now but definitely let me know when you have stuff up for sale I would love the rc4wd so happy to wait/ save up.  It will be good to see the chassis your going to make

13 hours ago, stimpy said:

That cab looks the nutzzzzz!! Yeah I guess an scx base may be easiest - should have a chassis free shortly if you want (no axles etc mind)May actually have an RC4wd Trail finder chassis free in a bit - but that is likely to be a bit longer wait..... (Going to be designing my own chassis)

Running it on leafs will definitely look amazing👍

So do you have any rocky sections up your way? Or mostly gulleys / hills?.

Can't wait for this. I've thought about it a few times but would probably need a set up like @CarlC with his expanding workshop abilities! Can't see the Mrs going for more toys right now..... Just to complete the derail of this thread have a read of this @stimpy for some innovative  and radical chassis / link designs; http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/597118-dlux-has-gone-off-deep-end.html

Back to you @Briclimb!