• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yeti's Proline Pro2 Street eliminator - - Can't add text for some reason???

YetiScore83

Sorry all.. When I posted, for some reason the option for text was not working.  Still can't edit original posting, but not the end of the world. 

So.. Seeing a few Street Elminator builds coming out of the wood work over here, so thought time to share mine. 

I started this back in jan/Feb, after reading a few forums, talking to some American friends and spending too long on YouTube! 

Initially it was keep things simple, find an old slash 2wd and cover it as cheap as poss... Well.... Didn't quite work out as planned.  Whilst on the look out for a good base car, I was given a tip on a box fresh Proline Pro 2 Sct, built but never run... Must be one of the last in the UK if not the world 😂

Going back a few years, the pro 2 sct was pretty much as good as it gets 2wd SCt wise.. And still to me a great truck...think fully upgraded slash. 

So for the money, considering you get a LCG chassis, performance transmission and power stroke shocks,i thought it was a good investment. 

So the truck was bought, and the rest of the parts ordered up. Chassis wise, the main issue was shortening the arms so the wheels fit under a 1/8 body. Fairly easy in this case... Front and rear Bandit arms from RPM ordered,which matching steering and toe links from the VXL bandit. 

Rear axles are then too long for the arms, with the slash people have cut the HD shafts down to fit, wasn't an option with the proline metal cvds.. So I ordered the MIP. Xduties for the bandit..probably overkill but hey hi, can't resist a little MIPness. 

Front and rear bumpers removed, and replaced with a custom front bumper which will have a lower slipper attached and a rear wheelie setup from STRC. 

Wheels, I liked the look of the Proline Pomona wheels and matched them with the Jconcept Hotties (gold). The wheels I have decided to paint with Silver/chrome (can't remember the brand now, will check) 

My trusty Hitec Hs7954 servo been donated to the cause, and I have a Hobbywing XR10 Pro Esc Matched with a 5.5T hobbywing motor. 

Gearing options are a little limited, but have a few combos to try, and find a good esc profile. 

Still lots to do before the first run.. But getting closer

• Like 1