• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

motorbike riders help!

rockers

hi guys i ride a kymco stryker 125 motorbike its alright for a run about , what i need help with is recently when i start the bike up it will start 1st 2 sec's of pushing the button its just you try and rev it and it will just die above 2000rpm which it basicly above tick over , what i need is if anyone knows anything i could do/done wrong to stop this , once the bikes ticked over for like 4-6 min it goes fine

thanks

Rocky

Is the choke sticking on (if its not a manual one)? if not could be carb needle sticking, might need to take it apart also you're supposed to let it warm up slightly and not wring its neck straight off :D

yer its got a auto choke so will check that if not will take the carb off and give it a clean ..... dont wring its neck stright off like leave it to warm up but it wont rev up a tad ,

thanks

Yep...you need to let it warm up properly.

What i do with my bike is, get it out of the garage and start it up (obviously in neutral or you will hear a crunch :o )....Go get my gear on (boots, jacket, helmet and stuff) and then go outside and ride off into the distance...

Saying that, i have a manual choke but i rarely use it unless its quite cold.

Be careful not to let it idle for to long as it will overheat (less likely if its water cooled)..just think, there is no cool air rushing past the engine to cool it down.

Is it a 2t or a 4t? If its a 2t then they DO need to be properly warmed up first or it will wear the engine in no time. 4t's don't seem to need to be warmed up as much (sometimes not at all :wacko: ) for some strange reason.

I do similar. My routine is get the bike out, start her up, put half my kit on (while I'm having a fag), put the rest on and then go. I generally don't ride off until the engine's up to about 40 - 45 degrees, and don't give it any real stick until it's over 65.

the scooters have an auto choke on them,if the sensor has failed then the choke wont be coming on,however some have chokes which are on by default then turn off as the engine warms up.

it might be worth while popping it back to where you bought it,they can check it quite easily for you.

I agree, with small engines you notice the performance drop when they are cold, you need to get them to near running temperature before they will start to run correctly. Any bike runs lumpy as hell when you first start it.

If its starting fine the choke could well be working, but you'll soon find out when winter comes around :D

Is it a 2t or a 4t? If its a 2t then they DO need to be properly warmed up first or it will wear the engine in no time. 4t's don't seem to need to be warmed up as much (sometimes not at all :wacko: ) for some strange reason.

depends really, scooters i've found you can crank them up and fly off if you really want to, while bigger 4 cylinder bikes are a bit more a of a pain.

But TBH, whatever engine, whether it be my car, bike or RC. They need to reach running temp before they get some stick.

sorry for the double post BTW

Edited by Schumach3r

its a 4t ok its just sum time ive left it for like 10 min max ticking over and it still grumbles if you give it any rev well it wont rev it will just die,

on another not its a 125 so does anyone know if i can do anything to it to make it a eee bit faster ...e.g. up hills

Rocky

thanks guys so far so good

125 4T's 99% of the time can't be made any quicker.

Its only the 2t's that are restricted, where as our 4t's are designed and made to have that amount of power. Did you say it is a scooter? If so then forget it.

If you had a bike, then if you really wanted to then you could get it into a tuning shop and they could get maybe 3/4hp more out of it by messing with the mixtures, jets, exhaust etc.

It isn't worth it on a scooter, for what they cost but as bikes are a bit dearer and are more fun to ride.

If it is a bike, then you could downgear it..it would make it slower on the straight flat bits but give it a bit more grunt uphils.

I went from a 43t to a 45t on the rear of mine...It did knock about 2mph off the stop at the very most but i go up a 16% hill every day for work and it will go up there atleast 5mph quicker (hey it will do 50mph up kirkstone pass :ph34r: )

Just an after thought is your air filter clean? Agree with capt cavy can't really get much more power out of a 4t because it will cost's loads to not get that much extra power. Been having a look about it for you but nothing really any good, the bike itself is supposed to be v good based on honda cg 125 engine (not exactly a race bike!) but you can pass your test and get a bit more power then :D

• 8 months later...

ok sorry to bring up a old topic but didnt wan make a new post

ive been having propbelms wiht rust on the exuast pipe, the fact that the pipe near the end can can be squeezed by hand lol

been looking at this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250206008110 its got no restrictors in the exhaust so can i expect a couple more hp ? all the better?

has anyone gone froma cast iron :P to a slu exhaust can ? whts the difference in sound like ?

it may have a more thoater note, but as header pipe hasn't been changed it may sound same as orignal can(remove baffle free flow then).How you find import bike? is your fairing flexiable or plastic an snaps easy? does engine have power? being 4 stroke i know its no missle,repaired a few never again

you will see no power increase. you will def get a throaty roar if their is no baffle as my old hyosung used to grrrrrrrrrrrr lol.

if you want a beter sound then go for a sports pipe otherwise save some money and find a used one in good nick. bare in mind the end can is prob rusted on solid to your pipes so expect a bit of bodgeing to remove it

Very helpfull reply!!Do you actualy ride or own a bike and ride it on the road?Buy a proper bike?So what bike do you ride then?

First up relax bro, the :P signifies that im just kidding. I started out on an ancient Honda C90 step through, then a 1982 Honda CG125, then a 2 stroke kwaker KH125 then a 1980 Yamaha SR500 (500cc single cylinder kick start :shockingscary: ) and then my Yamaha FZR600 Genesis which I have now (that im selling BTW). So yeah you could say that I actually ride a bike, on roads too ;)

Damo

a proper bike ? it is a bike just not brillaint

was more after the can as its cheaper than the orgianal hehe

R46 plastics are ok pretty touch dropped once and nout happend , power.... im a heavy guy and it will pull me upto 60 on a flat with no wind :P havnt had any problems with it pretty happy with it only let down is like every other bike - power need more power hehe

creamsodauk - it says theres no restrictors in it, so would that create anymore power at all ? 2nd hand pipes ?i wouldnt know where to look and if i do get that or another can i will be getting a whole exhuadt pipe n all as the one on the bike atm has rusted alot, where the can joins to the pipe its just weld there as its rusted so much.

like i said only reli after a new can to replace a rusted one and maybe gain power and better sound

Rocky

• 2 weeks later...

Rockers, you still having problems? I live in yeovil too by the hospital, had several bikes, been riding the red zx6r thats loud as ****¹, mightve spotted/heard it sometime within the last year(moved to yeovil january last year) Lemme know, could work on it if you want.

To smart arse> Define a proper bike for us, my definition of a 125cc bike is 2 wheels and an engine, so whats the difference between a 125cc and a hayabusa besides engine size? Yes its a joke but its so boring and pathetic, sorry, but I had enough of people saying to me to get a proper bike when I had an RS125, still gave chase to 600's and maxed 100mph. Most of the weekend warriors go out in there little gay parades, strut about in leather like power rangers and then pootle down the road at 30mph, which I believe is the same speed as a moped. So why buy a bike capable of 160mph and faggot around on it at 30mph? Dont make no difference mate. The ones who got 'proper bikes' dont know crap all about how to use them and generally get one as part of a mid life crisis. Least us young lads have the balls to get on a bike before were 40+ Nuff of that, next person who mentions proper bikes gets a whallop :)

PS Anyone interested in a barely used Jato? runs fine etc, just dont use it. No one to play with :(

Edited by Jesta