• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTx carnage please help

Hi all, newbie here for rc cars

last week bought a FTx carnage nt with force .18, done the break in as per the instructions. Now tried to get a bit more top end and pick up with has worked but now after doing couple of speed runs and coming if the throttle engine tends to Sit high on idle and just die and takes a while to restart. So far all I’ve done is leaned HSN by half a turn and adjusted the throttle so it idles without trying to move. Would it be possible that LSN and idle screw needs adjusting? Can someone shed some light please

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dannyboy,

I'm also new to the forums & debating getting back into RC buggies after 20-something years of being away from it. I stumbled across a YouTube channel when doing some research on buying myself a nitro buggy, the Carnage seemed attractive due to the low price so went down the rabbit hole of watching what this guy had to say.

If you can get past his squeaky voice he has some decent advice, in this link he talks about tuning the Force .18 engine, perhaps it might be of some help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IafdABaiGhA

Good luck!