• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya TT-02SR

MrPug

Looks ace. I'm taking my time to relieve the boredom whilst at home. 😅

Any parts of the build you can think of that were a bit fiddly? I had a look around the web and couldn't see any build threads anywhere.. 😕

• Like 1

Not really they're pretty easy kits to put together. Though I did make a mistake with using a wrong length screw and nearly punching a hole through the rear diff housing but that was my fault for not paying attention to the manual. I suppose the only little niggle is that some of the screw holes can be a little tight but a little bit of grease on screw threads helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bit further.. please anyone shout if you see I've screwed something up! The gap at the front where the main shaft goes to the diff looks a bit 'interesting' 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VntTKbCGTNTqVk9H6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p9GVbwTLu1mvG3k9A

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y75AHtYxDh3cSdYNA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iDvrHDHiQ3vUthxP8

MrPug

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The build is pretty much there.. I have just an issue with my motor and ESC having different size bullet connectors due to me buying a slightly longer can motor than I normally would. I guess I need a 4mm - 3.5mm bullet reducer or something similar. The ESC is an EZRUN Max 10. I can't find any anywhere. I can see Modelsport do the 5mm to 4mm reducers.

1 hour ago, MrPug said:

The build is pretty much there.. I have just an issue with my motor and ESC having different size bullet connectors due to me buying a slightly longer can motor than I normally would. I guess I need a 4mm - 3.5mm bullet reducer or something similar. The ESC is an EZRUN Max 10. I can't find any anywhere. I can see Modelsport do the 5mm to 4mm reducers.

Can you solder? 

I'd just de-solder the motor connectors or ESC connectors and match to suit. Always keep the biggest connectors as well. 

Those Modelsport reducers and ones like them are generally for Lipo battery connections rather than motor to ESC connections. 

Yeah thanks I got that impression from reading about them. Usually I would just re-solder them but I don't have a lot of my tools any more that I used to have. I found a set on ebay but they are in China so I'll just wait it out for now :)

I've got an SR too. Great chassis. I have had a diff fail last time out with it and it's only on a 15T brushed motor :( I did also buy the TRF spring kit from eBay as the stock yellow springs are a little too firm for my liking. I'm now running red and it made a huge difference, a lot less bouncy.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, willb said:

I've got an SR too. Great chassis. I have had a diff fail last time out with it and it's only on a 15T brushed motor :( I did also buy the TRF spring kit from eBay as the stock yellow springs are a little too firm for my liking. I'm now running red and it made a huge difference, a lot less bouncy.

Your rear diff failed then did it? 

Seems strange as that's not a lot of power necessarily, ...do you think you built it correctly, filled it correctly? What happened, did the gear teeth shear or something else? 

Still building mine up and enjoying it so far. 

901342756_17Rearendalmostfinished.thumb.jpg.a3676c2689e9230bd817be25658d7fbb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2020 at 09:48, willb said:

I haven't actually opened it up yet to see what happened. I'll get on that later today and report back!

Did you get a chance to look to see what happened?

Hopefully it's something simple. 

I've got my chassis complete but waiting on parts is what's holding me up. Waiting on some aluminium servo mounts, foam tyres and my motor. 

Managed to get a nice Tamiya Nissan R390 bodyshell for it a week or so ago from Tony's Tamiya Parts but not even going to start that until I have the chassis finished.

1643426158_08TamiyaNissanR390GT1shellpartn58203.thumb.jpg.17199abcb0aa2db06a86b54c4fa675c3.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

@supersavage I just posted on the Facebook "TT02 Appreciation" group I am a member of in case that'll help your sale. 😉 

Lovin' my SR. 😍 

24.thumb.jpg.c1411085d1737c5ae2383e0d6771362f.jpg

Thanks 👍

Yours looks great, if it wasn't for me needing to pay for my new pc I'd keep mine.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Thanks 👍

Yours looks great, if it wasn't for me needing to pay for my new pc I'd keep mine.

Thanks I've just kind of fallen for the little Tamiya and am enjoying building it up as well as modifying it. Going to be a speed runner like my other RC's.

Sometimes it's like that though, ...sell one thing to fund another. Totally get it. 😉

We can't all be as lucky as the Spaniard this week who won 127 million on the Euromillions draw. 😲

• Like 2