• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gmade Komodo Double Cab GS02- Kit Build

PraetoR

On 05/05/2020 at 10:52, PraetoR said:

Discovered something very disappointing.

The input universal joint that's causing me grief didn't just have slightly dodgy manufacturing... it's actually the wrong one! Must be from a different model.

It's very subtle, but comparing it with the other; the base is thicker, the slot is slightly different and it's probably an overall different size/shape. No wonder I can't get it to work!

I've ordered one (at an extortionate rate, I may add!) and I'll contact Gmade.

Hi,

Firstly, I have to say thanks for the build series on the Komodo, it has been a great help.

My first post on the forum and it's to duplicate what you said 2 years ago..... except; this time they put 2x wrong UJ shafts in my kit 😞 <rolls eyes> so like you my build is now on hold.

I bought the kit from my local(ish) model shop, but saved them the hassle and, hopefully myself some time as I spoke with CML Distribution about the problem this morning. They were absolutely awesome about it, and are dispatching 2x new sets of "GM60111 GMADE INPUT UNIVERSAL JOINT" this afternoon, so fingers crossed the parts being sent are correct in the bag and I can get the build finished off.

Apart from this fairly major stumbling block I am really enjoying the build.. apart from the shocks; I've never liked building shocks YUK!

Cheers all

Mark

🙂 

Edited by Mark Horsburgh
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mark Horsburgh said:

Hi,

Firstly, I have to say thanks for the build series on the Komodo, it has been a great help.

My first post on the forum and it's to duplicate what you said 2 years ago..... except; this time they put 2x wrong UJ shafts in my kit 😞 <rolls eyes> so like you my build is now on hold.

I bought the kit from my local(ish) model shop, but saved them the hassle and, hopefully myself some time as I spoke with CML Distribution about the problem this morning. They were absolutely awesome about it, and are dispatching 2x new sets of "GM60111 GMADE INPUT UNIVERSAL JOINT" this afternoon, so fingers crossed the parts being sent are correct in the bag and I can get the build finished off.

Apart from this fairly major stumbling block I am really enjoying the build.. apart from the shocks; I've never liked building shocks YUK!

Cheers all

Mark

🙂 

You're very welcome. Glad it has been helpful.

That's very unfortunate, but great that CML have sorted you out. I perhaps should have done the same thing!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mark Horsburgh said:

Hi,

Cheers all

Mark

🙂 

Hi and welcome to the forum :cheers:

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, I had my first trail out with my GS02 Komodo Double Cab (right of picture) on Sunday.

WOW! What a BEAST! There was mud, there were rocks, there were tree roots, all in varying states of dryness and the GS02 just laughed at most of it and kept on going. 

20231105_131557.thumb.jpg.f9c02ffc4bd36173e478c5c36b45f207.jpg

The truck is box standard apart from the lighting kit, heavyweight Fastrax wheels and Sweep 'TriLug' tyres. It's running a Hobbywing 1080 crawler ESC, Etronix 25kg servo, Core RC 35t motor with stock pinion and an old 3600 NiMh that's been abused all its life and I still got over 2 1/2 hours of trailing 😊.

I'm really happy with it as it is, but may be tempted go for longer shocks if I get more adventurous with locations.

A big thank you to my local model shop JKE Modelshop, Chesterfield for all the help and advice. This was a superb kit to build and drive, it is so smooth and quiet, I just love it.

Edited by Mark Horsburgh
  • Like 3