• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Mini Thread

Garry

:lol:

How long did the tyres last in the end? I got 5 months from a a set just racing once a week, with a black can motor and some Vapextech 3700's.

Tyres would rip in about 2 runs.

Spur gear went after 3 runs.

It was just too light, the tyres would balloon on the tiniest squeeze of the trigger, it probably couldn't go any faster than 30mph from the tyres turning into dinner plates. I tried belting them loads but hardly made a difference.

:lol:

How long did the tyres last in the end? I got 5 months from a a set just racing once a week, with a black can motor and some Vapextech 3700's.

5 months :good: Thats good. Am I right thats on concrete Gary? With a semi-locked diff, and running hard on the throttle on carpet, 5 weeks is good for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to this forum and new to the world of R/C, It started because my boyfriend has got an R/C car (not sure what it is lol) and i wanted to do a new body shell for his car so brought a Rover mini cooper racing shell(M03 i think :blush: ) but it didn't fit his car so i have decided to have my own R/C car and try make it better than his HAHAHA but not sure what chassis to use and where to get one :helpsmilie:

Tina

x

You could get an racing type chassis that is 4wd such this (that will have to be imported from Hong Kong) or you could get a chassis that is front wheel drove such as this. Both will require building and electrics though, the racing chassis reqiuring more all electrics so is the more expensive of the 2.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

by the look of his tyres hes done about 2 race meetings on the kit tyres and they have like gone kinda flakey.

just seem you cant find the HPI tyres no where :S

FYI, I've now done 6 race meetings on Tamiya D60 Supergrip tyres. They still feel "rubbery" unlike the harder compound kit tyres that go hard. They show no signs of wear, unlike the kit tyres which would have been changed after 4 or 5 meetings, and the grip level is still spot on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mtroniks esc was getting hot today and started to thermal. After a bench test iv found out the esc starts getting hot just standing still <_< Looks like il have to sell it on ebay asap :lol: .

Nor sure what to replace it with, will probably go Nosram due to their cheapness and lifetime warrenty.

dscn4216et5.th.jpg

Still selling yours Matrix?

Thinking of keeping mine, hardly worth the effort posting it for how cheap they are 2nd hand. :lol:

If someone wants to buy it from me for a decent price they can as I really need some money after the e-revo purchase. However im starting to think this is possibley the best r/c ever...it just never breaks :lol:

£40 posted for yours is pretty good, thought of selling it on ebay? Ones with basic electrics seem to sell for £60-£65. On the other hand if you want to split the alloy knuckles and wheels from it I could be interested in those ;)

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

My main race one went for £50 as a roller only, but that had a mint Tarmac setup. Box stock apart from ballraces, threaded plastic oil shocks, different springs and some lightweight kingpins.