• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Mini Thread

Garry

Took mine out today, might give up on the whole lipo/brushless thing, lol.

I accelerated and stripped the spur almost instantly. :( I'm thinking of maybe converting or doing something like Garry has to get a Mini size chassis but more suitable fro my setup.

• 1 month later...

well sorry to bring a old thread up but it saves me opening another.

anyway just wondering if anyone has a good set-up for carpet, and a good all round carpet tyre for the mini.

only asking for a friend as he doesn't want sign up :S

well sorry to bring a old thread up but it saves me opening another.

anyway just wondering if anyone has a good set-up for carpet, and a good all round carpet tyre for the mini.

only asking for a friend as he doesn't want sign up :S

Front: 3 Hole Pistons - either Mini CVA or TRF Hard Black Coated - with 35wgt shock oil, 4mm Ride Height, 0 degrees Toe. Blue short Springs or White if the grip level is very high.

Rear: 3 Hole Pistons - shocks as above - 35wgt shock oil, 5mm Ride Height, Toe in rear uprights, Thin Anti Roll Bar. Yellow short Springs.

Kit tyres are fine, but they prone to hardening or Glazing. M Grip on the Rear and Super Grip on the front works best for me, with Medium Moulded Inserts - Just buy 1:10 Touring car inserts and cut them down. That said, the kit inserts work well enough. If you can get some HPI X Belted (must be belted) tyres, then they're excellent.

cheers for that i will send him that over and let him try it out :good:

HPI X Belted

do they do them in a Mini size if you know what i mean he doesn't want 1/10th tyres on there as it will look out of scale and not Mini looking

cheers for that i will send him that over and let him try it out :good:

do they do them in a Mini size if you know what i mean he doesn't want 1/10th tyres on there as it will look out of scale and not Mini looking

They did, though they've not been bought into the UK by Mirage for some time, even though they still list them on their site.

rcboyz via ebay usually has them (or did) I've not looked for a while. There are others that work that I've not used. Try some of the far eastern suppliers.

have a look on www.rc-mini.net they have a section on tyres.

My setup is 50wt front and rear, 2 hole piston, Tamiya Tuned Spring set (blue front spring, red rear), kit tyres. Kit toe/camber. Just need a bit more practice on carpet.

do you have a part number? just looking on the HPI website now see what i can find for him.

EDIT. found some if any one wants any there on tower hobbys by the look of it.

second edit. no they dont :(

Third Edit: http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/product_...63a7209a878b401

anyone used there site before

Edited by TAMIYAMANUK