• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hong Nor X1 CR Conversion

Peggy

Yes, that servo mount bolts straight in, iirc the tray does too but I don't often use them, pref the losi tray (it's bigger).

Other than a new stock one (uncut for nitro, so clear) you could fit a H7 one, it's very similar in shape - get a clear one as you'll need to trim for the steering rack a little different to the Hyper7.  Elsewise the HN brushless shell, as fitted to the official conversion kits, the X2e and the LX2e is a fantastic fit, tall to clear batteries... but also rare as hens teeth.  I'm down to my last couple.

On 30/03/2020 at 18:17, Peggy said:

Cheers @capri-boy appreciate the advice, still waiting for it to turn up so I can assess it.

I also have a hyper chassis spare but missing shocks, I might nick the Hong Nor shocks and build that instead, all depends on the condition of the Hong Nor at the moment.

HN big bores, the newer 16mm's like yours make great shocks on a Hyper, and are an upgrade on everything except the very rare 20mm big bores (which though not as strong are some of the most effective shocks i've ever used on a buggy).

If you want/need any pro parts for the X1.....let me know - i've pretty much everything bar diffs (which are the same on the Pro anyway).