• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What RC Magazine do you buy?

Surfer99

Don't buy anymore. Used to buy model helicopter world regularly but price and availability put paid to that. Seemed to get thinner by the month. Get my fix of RC now through forums or YouTube. 

I must admit I used to look forward to going to my local town when I was a kid visiting W H Smiths and the model shops to buy the magazines but then that was in the days before the internet. 

99.9% of the time I don't waste my money on them nowadays. In fact I know exactly when I last bought an RC magazine which was May last year as I was going on holiday so wanted something to read on the plane. 

I used to buy ones that come with pland for planes and boats in the gope id make one someday.... So i have a pile of plans for various boats and planes.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Yes they have tended to thin out over time, certainly as the Internet gets to review things first. By the time publications come out, products have already been on the market at least several months and many online user reviews already in existence.

i got rc car racer for 1 year on cheap subscription. did the same with rc car action. much preferred the latter but didnt bother when it went up to full price. did enjoy reading it but at £5.99 a month was too much.as already said all the information needed is on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk