• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

VW BUG herbie Build

kangarilla

Afternoon Gents,

Currently looking for a VW beetle which i can build with my daughter (12), currently own baja 5b, 2 losi 5T's gassers, but too noisy really.

I've found the Tamiya model Tamiya 300058572 1: 10 RC Volkswagen Beetle, which if bought with all the battery, servo is approx £ 200.00 .

Has anyone any other options or ideas as i'm open to a better quality vehicle if available as long as it has the VW classic shell,

Is this the only option (except for the rally type, (same model)  or has anyone any ideas on possibly different better ideas please, looking for a kit and all the bits and pieces.

many thanks in advance

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=378578

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-rc-vw-classic-beetle-m-06/?exchange_rate=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAsbrxBRDpARIsAAnnz_OWQNvBTH622gc-RNH0ywRpTiAkKwTIvQ1HK0S44QdQkMpjG6qwXqkaAhB4EALw_wcB

1 minute ago, kangarilla said:

Thanks OHO, sand scorcher looks a bit more rugged especially with the bumper to stop her smashing into the kerbs !!

Not sure it'll stop it happening, but it might make it less eye watering when it does happen lol.

The other option, depending on what she actually wants to do with it would be the sand scorcher on something like an SCX10/Element Enduro chassis.

Bit more custom work involved, but again it's really down to you both and what you want to achieve.

thanks chaps,

scorcher a lot more  money than the bugs, and apart from a plastic coating covering the body and a die cast front end and rear, same motor esc

scorcher bit more versatile, could only pootle about on the road or car park really, and how many times will she smash into the kerb in the first 5 minutes......

shes looking at all sorts now, thanks gents, i'll keep you posted, she's  got 2 days to decide...… 

Blitzer ordered from Jadlam Toys and models.. 

Wont be doing it again

Just a note for anyone, they tell lies about the delivery.

Ordered Thursday 2.39 pm, paid 1 working day delivery extra charge.

Email received Friday to confirm item had shipped.

Chased up yesterday as no tracking ID provided to be told that it was awaiting collection from DPD and should arrive today.

Ordered Thursday afternoon, arriving Tuesday... allegedly not what i call 1 working day, especially when you can order from amazon at 2pm and it arrives next day at 10 am.