• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Ford Mustang GT4 shell build

ChrisT

It's been a while since I've done an on-road car, really got carried away with the buggies :)

Having a spare chassis I only required a shell, so this was purchased. Wheels as well, already had them and gave them a squirt of gunmetal.

Here's one Tamiya made earlier...

20190130-112430-tamiyablognuremberg17436

The only difference I'll be making is fitting a touring car cockpit set :thumbsup:

DSCF2913.jpg

DSCF2918.jpg

DSCF2921.jpg

• 51614 Ford Mustang GT4 body
  • 54298 LHD cockpit set
  • TT-02 chassis
  • TT-02R wheels

Edited by ChrisT
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Booth said:

You got standard  shocks  on  there ?   Just building  a TT02 (LaFerrari) at the mo &  been  thinking about  replacing  the shocks...not quite  sure what  with  tho...Tamiya  cva's or Fastrax for some bling  !!  😎

Yeah mine are standard, it's for show only.

Iff I was replacing them for oil filled, I'd fit the 54753  kit as I've found the alloy shocks to be too stiff in stock form.

1 hour ago, AndyMB said:

Looks really nice that, very neat work. Interior makes such a difference, do you mount it to the body or the chassis itself?

Thank you. 

Cockpit sets are mounted to the body with velcro. Depending on the positioning this can be to the sides of the shell or onto the boot and bonnet.

It does make a lot of difference, I'll never smoke the windows out again.

1 hour ago, stonedef said:

Another beautiful build :thumbsup:  Loving this Mustang

39 minutes ago, J.K said:

Not really a Tamiya fan, but this has to be one of the best RC's i've ever seen! :007:

Top work Chris.

Thanks guys :thumbsup: at first I wasn't keen on the boxart colour being gunmetal but it turned out lighter than I thought. Once the livery went on it all came together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...