• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HELP!

Savagebeast93

Hi, I have just joined up to this forum in order to ask you guys something. I have a Savage XL with a picco .28 engine in it. (got second hand from ebay) It has been running great, but last night I was out bashing it and it started running weird (clutch bell and spur were making a grinding sound) I cut the engine and noticed that the clutch bell had been complete stripped! :O. I got the engine out and took the clutch apart and noticed that both bearings inside the clutch bell had been complete destroyed, only the 2 inner races were left sitting there. Needless to say the bearing were pretty old as the car was second hand and they had probably never been changed for a long time! I have got my hands on some ceramic ones now. ANYWAY, what I need to know is, will any savage spur gear fit my savage XL? It looks slightly stripped but I can't really tell, maybe it is just worn, but I thought it would be safest to replace both CB and SG as well as the bearings just to be sure. I can't find the HPI heavy duty 47T spur gear anywhere apart from American Ebay and it would cost an absolute bomb for it. Is there anything else I can use? I have got the Heavy duty 16T clutch bell from HPI but having a really hard time finding a spur gear and I'm completely unsure of whether or not a spur gear from a 4.6 savage will even fit? Are they all the same size etc? Please help!

8 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

The mount for the spur is common to all the nitro Savages.

The teeth count is the critical bit. 3 exist.... in Stock form. 47T, 52T and a 44T from the brushless version.

What gearing would you suggest? I have 16/47 at the moment, will that cause any problems with the engine I am running? (picco .28) with goliath tyres