• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Outback 1 steering upgrades / winch questions

Hi all

I have an ECX Barrage that is basically the same as the Outback 1. Things I've done so far;

Better servo, arm, alu servo plate and mounts, swapped battery to front, 2s lipo, alu steering knuckles, Ranger body and posts from Outback 2 (still had to double up on body posts to get it to sit high enough)

I think all I need to finally eliminate the sloppy steering now is a better steering rod - the plastic one is pretty horrible. The Outback 2 one is very sturdy but too long. Has anyone else bought one that fits? It has to have rod ends for M2 screws and I measure it as 102mm long approx., or 94mm eye to eye. I'm having a hard time finding anything that is listed with that much detail.

Has anyone fitted a winch to the Outback? Are the winches you see on ebay complete with remotes any good and do they fit standard servo mounts - the measurements seem close? I had the idea that I might be able to mount a winch on a spare servo plate fitted on the rear axle.

I also replaced the front bumper with another rear one, as it looks a bit more authentic without the bull bar and I figure it'll be easier to mount a winch there - again any experience of doing this / pics much appreciated.