• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC4WD Gelande Defender / Hobbywing Xerun Axe

TerryTurnip

Hello,

I am new to these forums in search of some help. I have just bought a Hobbywing Xerun Axe system for my Gelande D90. Because of the short motor wires it seems I have to find a new place to fit the ESC. Does anyone have any ideas or pics of inspiration of their Defender models which are also using the Hobbywing Xerun Axe system ? 

I'm hoping to get the install looking astidy as possible. 

Thanks 

82ADDBD3-708E-4A10-AB3A-4244F19D8CE9_zps

If you feel confident to and can get the right guge wire you could solder some extensions an tonyour motor wire but be sure to use some heatshrink on your joints?
Unless anyone ele has a better idea?

you win some you lose some its all a game to me

Just replace the wires.  A metre of 12 gauge is around 3 quid.  I  don't think it's worth extending, just replace....in the colour of your choice!
Yeah that sounds neater mate +1

you win some you lose some its all a game to me

The Axe system has It's own unique sensor lead due to the waterproofing. The only way to extend it is to buy the extension kit which includes longer motor wires as well. Although as both motor and ESC are waterproof you could just mount the ESC alongside the motor. Servo lead extensions are readily available for £2-3.

8 hours ago, terry.sc said:

The Axe system has It's own unique sensor lead due to the waterproofing. The only way to extend it is to buy the extension kit which includes longer motor wires as well. Although as both motor and ESC are waterproof you could just mount the ESC alongside the motor. Servo lead extensions are readily available for £2-3.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up doing just that. It has worked out quite tidy. Thanks.