• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick scout - MV12501 – RC RTR 4WD Rock Crawler with 2.4 GHz RC System

imyimyimy786

Nice one..

ooh would love to see how the progress with that goes...

I've also seem to ran in some problem, my front wheels turn in when I turn on power. the problem solution says that it is incorrect user differential placement and the remedy should be insert the differential the correct way. I've never even tampered or tinkered with the differential.

17 hours ago, Snfu said:

Have you got a different servo you could plug in to see if it's the servo that's fuggered? Did it get wet? 

No mate, also I've been calling a few shops near me, they say it needs replacing with a new one. 

1 hour ago, rob bark said:

My scout electricals are water proof but mine is old one!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

awesome, I'm intrigued , can I see some pics of it please?

1 hour ago, rob bark said:

Silly question have you tried swapping servo plug round??

I've tried swapping around different channels too. 

wow, im too scared to even mod mine. That looks great so far rob. are you going to use a different shell too?

On an update, I ordered a new steering servo, should arrive tomorrow, lets hope this works! 

Peace!
I started out with a tamiya lunchbox an then got the bug!! I love the build process just as much as running the trucks!! An I also understand how they work so can help fix stuff when broke!! The scout I brought as fancied trying the crawling!! But I just wAsnt that keen!! So I scratch built a pick up truck!! An I enjoyed it!! So stripped electrical parts axles an started building another one just this will be a unimog!!!! The chassis I have made will get changed for some thing more scale looking as just want front cab an cage on rear!! Hope your new servo works ok an you can get out an have a play!!

That's awesome, I admire your confidence in building and modifying.

An update, the new part arrived but it still single beeps and the wheels turn in when I switch on the transmitter then the receiver.  From calling a shop I was told the steering D/R , direct rate are incorrect that's why it single beeps and doesn't give me 3 beeps. I'm now assuming there is something wrong with the transmitter. the transmitter came with the crawler as standard. 

• 2 months later...

My first (and only) crawler is also a Maverick and I'm just starting to look at it again after 2 years neglect.

Here is a photo from the last outing but since then new and larger wheels have been installed and a roof rack with some lights. Also moved all the insides around and fitted new chassi rails. The battery is now 4700mAh and fastened straight on top of the front axle.

However, all that experimenting with lights caused a few incidents and I burnt various pieces of electronics and is still in the process of fixing it, oops ?

Just installed a new ESC but can't seem to connect to the receiver so in the process of looking for a new Transmitter-Receiver set...

Not the fault of the Maverick mind you which has been very good ?

IMG_7198.jpg