• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Grease rear diff housing?

Arron uk

Hey guy I am changing the oil in my diffs for the first time, I have done the centre but when it comes to the rear the diff is in a housing with a gear that connects to the shaft do I need to put normal grease on that? And then obviously my oil in the diff?

Thanks sorry I have looked on line but what I'm typing only bring up inside the diff it's self ??‍♂️

yes put some grease on  the crown and pinion gears if there fully in closed ..  

17803141818_53ddbb4cac_z.jpg

Edited by jea

Where it bolts against the chassis, it will hold hte grease just fine when tightened down.

I use CV grease in there on all my cars. You want a high melting point grease. It will help reduce wear on the crown and pinion gears as well as running quieter.

Another question ?. So I have stripped both my centre and rear diff and in both cases both had washers over the orings on either end. But in the manual it shows on the centre both washers over the one oring none over the other so I did that. But with the rear and front it shows 0 washers not the big ones anyway so am I supposed to put these washers in or no? 

IMG_20190110_171211.jpg