• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scx10.2 clone (now I've got one lol)

Jimplops

Just thought I would pop in as there seem to be a few comments about these trucks. The tooling used to manufacture the Axials were in one of the major parts manufacturers production buildings. That company hit financial problems and the administrators were called in. I can't remember all of the details but the upshot was that the tooling was taken over by another manufacturer, and the Axial that we see here is made using the original Axial machinery. Hence, everything on them is 'Axial' which is why every part from an Axial SCX10ii will fit.

That said, I bought one last year, and apart from fitting a 1060 and a 35T motor, plus a couple of brass knuckles, and a Raptor pickup shell, then adding steel wheels and Rowdy tyres...it has been my 'go to' crawler. Nothing has ever broken, and I crawl at a quarry with long rollovers down and onto solid rocks. For the money it cannot be beaten, it's an Axial RTR down to the helical gears. There is no pot metal or anything else.

In the UK they are sold by Nitrotek (though not always in stock), and appear under the Reely Free or FS Racing name. Conrad in Germany sell them, they also sell an upgraded kit form version with the contra rotating gearbox at an even cheaper price. It's not a clone, a copy, a low quality Axial etc, it is the same as an Axial. I know plenty who have them, and no one has ever complained about them. I have a modded TRX4, an MST CFX W, and this one, and for the bargain price I would happily buy another. Yes, I have spent money on it (all crawlers have weak points and eventually need mods and a new shell), but nothing like the money pit that the TRX is. The MST wasn't cheap, but is incredible quality and engineering.

Hope that helps

Rob

• Like 2

On 21/03/2020 at 15:52, tomr said:

I have both trucks ,an Fs racing and scx10ii  and can confirm all parts fit and I do mean all parts .  Can't for the life of me understand what your problem with this truck ?   There's nothing available for £170 that comes close to this truck in quality or performance.

Any idea on where they stock these Tom?

cant seem to find them anywhere?

On 22/04/2020 at 15:09, Bigjimknickers said:

Any idea on where they stock these Tom?

cant seem to find them anywhere?

At the moment the only option is Conrad in Germany. Nitrotek are the only UK supplier, as Jim says above all ebay resellers have them sent from Nitrotek. Nitrotek had around 40-50 trucks in stock at the start of the lockdown and were sold out within two weeks. They will have to order more from the factory but I don't think even they know when FS will be able to produce them with FS being in China. For most r/c retailers March and April are usually dead which is why most shops are now running out of stock entirely, I believe Tamiya UK themselves are out of stock of most kits and are not expecting more to arrive until July.

I have asked them about bringing in the pro version, or the reverse rotation gearbox as a part.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Bigdal1995 said:

Got any pictures or upgrades you have don'e to it ? 

This is it, but now has gold beadlock wheels with better tyres, has new gearbox new genuine axial axles recently fitted  body is on magnetic mounts and spot lights on roof, not sure if i will part with it or keep it but feel like selling a couplke of rigs and getting one that is a little better

FS racing.JPG