• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Upottery Devon

Grimsson

Does anybody know whether Upottery abandoned airfield is public access? I have read that people fly rc planes there sometimes, but no recent information. I would like to take a drive up there next week to run in the Losi once built.

Thanks,

Mike.

Not sure TBH, isn't there a museum there now? No idea what it is though...  Unfortunately, most decent sized 'unused' / vacant sites in the UK are fenced off, just to make sure nobody can enjoy them.  What about a big field, short grass?  Like Decoy or Watcombe?

• Like 1

I have been given a number of the owner, but he charges people to use the airfield. Might be an idea if we could get a group bash together, but not by myself ?

Yer I will be going to Decoy and Watcombe. Would prefer not to have deal with the residents moaning about nose of a 1/5 petrol screaming about ?

• 4 months later...
On 25/10/2018 at 08:06, Grimsson said:

You will have to let me know some bashing spots near you, then we can arrange a meet up. 

Cheers, Mike. 

I know this is an old thread, but did you find any good areas to take your 1/5? 

Im I’m Bridgwater and keep getting tempted to buy a Baja, just worried about the noise and places to go

4 hours ago, DanFlux said:

I know this is an old thread, but did you find any good areas to take your 1/5? 

Im I’m Bridgwater and keep getting tempted to buy a Baja, just worried about the noise and places to go

I just took mine down splash down over flow car park and up watcombe bmx track until my exhaust snapped. I have still got my losi running which I’ll be getting out in the better weather.