• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newton Abbot location information

Grimsson

I was looking at the location of the Exeter & District Radio Control Club on Google maps and noticed there is a dirt trails track next to the club which looks like it's open access. Does anyone know whether it would be possible to bash on this track or is it a private club only track? 

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

Ahh just seen them....I remember these when checking to see if anyone in east Devon was about last year.....

They're a flying club only...they also meet near hare and hounds pub at top of ottery st.Mary quite often which is a few miles from me.

The dirt track next door is for moto x/ATV I think?? Separate company.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Ahh just seen them....I remember these when checking to see if anyone in east Devon was about last year.....

They're a flying club only...they also meet near hare and hounds pub at top of ottery st.Mary quite often which is a few miles from me.

The dirt track next door is for moto x/ATV I think?? Separate company.

It would be cool if we could get permission to use it when bikes are not using it ?

Chelston/Shiphay border.  Must try to meet up some time at the Watcombe BMX track.  You tried the (concrete) skate park at Parkfield, Colin Rd? Or is that a bit harsh on rc's for you?  I usually break something every time there... hence not been recently.

Not too far away then. Will definitely arrange a meet up as soon as I get my TLR 4.0 kit and build it, hopefully within the next week or two.

I haven't been down to Parkfield yet! I think I would want to enjoy the new buggy for a bit before I smash it up lol. Do you know whether there is still a bmx track at Decoy? I haven't been there for years.