• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi TLR 8ight 4.0 Buggy Build

Grimsson

15 hours ago, Rc_bobbin said:

How do you find the Losi starter box with the racing chassis in regards to it.touching the chassis when you start it? I have an old Losi 2.0 starter but the wheel touches.

This is the one I have got. 

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/194948/?gclid=CjwKCAiAlb_fBRBHEiwAzMeEdhhxvy4rI6YwcCj5wGZmMRFg0kA54k6KTJXQGBvdpyWuEy_qCv8WDxoClnIQAvD_BwE

All you should have to do is fit the lower engine mounts so the engine sits lower to the chassis, which will lower the flywheel closer to the bump box wheel. Also I found that the Losi standard clutch and flywheel works best. My Novarossi had a smaller flywheel which made the bump box wheel rub the chassis. 

I will measure the engine mounts and flywheel  I am using tomorrow afternoon and let you know. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by Grimsson

Right my Losi flywheel is 36mm in diameter with the 4 shoe clutch and the engine mounts are 15.28mm in height. Losi do a taller engine mount that is used with engines that have a pull start or rotor start, this will cause the bump box wheel to hit the chassis. 

Hope this helps.

On 19/11/2018 at 14:44, Grimsson said:

Right my Losi flywheel is 36mm in diameter with the 4 shoe clutch and the engine mounts are 15.28mm in height. Losi do a taller engine mount that is used with engines that have a pull start or rotor start, this will cause the bump box wheel to hit the chassis. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this ?