• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help needed

Eggman1

Hi to all...i'm new to the RC community and this forum and would like some advice if anyone would be so kind. 

I recently bought myself and my son 2 rc cars, an ftx brushless carnage - which is awesome, and a HSP bug crusher. I bought the HSP with a brushed motor but after having a blast with my FTX he wasnt so impressed with the HSP...so daddy bought the upgrade motor and esc so he wouldnt want to play on mine all the time! :)

After installing the new esc and motor though I ran into a problem. The car is slow from standstill and if parked on an incline won't move anywhere. Once moving everything runs perfect. My initial thougts are maybe the battery isnt powerful enough. The motor specs say a voltage between 7 - 12 is required, I'm running it with 2s 5000mah 45c. But I see nitrotek sell the brushless upgrade kits with an 11.1 volt lipo. 

The upgrade motor is rated at 3300kv and the esc is model wp 10bl60 rtr.

I would have thought the battery would be enough to give a good run off the line in this setup but am I missing something here? Batteries are new so no problems there. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks 

Thanks for the quick replies! The gearing is 11:1, the motor is nitrotek the HSP branded brushless motor but doesnt appear to have a part or model number. 

Yeh it does seem like cogging but it seems extreme. I did the throttle setup on the ESC as well as testing in different punch modes but the results are always the same. 

As above mate delete those nitrotek saved pages lol. The forum will always guide to the best parts with best value for money hopfully within budgets set. But not always lol. 

Goolrc will see you right for 1/10 elecs cheap tho they sell a 3300kv 60a set up. Is your motor orange? 

Its strange that its slower or wont move a 3300kv 2s system would wheelie a stampede 4x4 with ease. Something has gone wrong. Please list the parts used motor combo, spur and pinion gear tooth count. 

Then mayb re calibrating it and if still no good? 

Did you take the diffs out? Mayb put one backwards so its fighting itself i heard that happening before but some rcs you cant install the diff backwards so??? Still. 

Edited by RCbutcher