• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya High Lift Thoughts?

willb

I’m off to Hong Kong in just under 2 weeks and have got it in my head that I want to buy a Tamiya High Lift. I’m not too fussy on which body but most likely the F-350.

What are people’s thoughts on these? Are they just a bit over gimmicky? The price in HK is drastically cheaper than here. The price starts with a 2 and not a 4!

There is a famous model shop called Waigo Hobby which happens to be fairly near to where I’m staying!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren’t that good to be honest mate, although they look great and are mini marvels of engineering.

you might be better going for a Tamiya truck, now that’s a great thing to have and own.

i had a tundra a fair while ago, fell over quite a lot :rofl:

• Like 1

I like the idea of a Tamiya truck but where and when do I/you use it?! I bought my Schumacher Big 6 Lotus’ and they are a wonderful thing to own but I’ve never really driven either. Just don’t have anywhere really suitable [emoji853]

My backup was a Clod Buster. I think this was my first Tamiya way back when. Always been tempted by another despite them being a bit crappy!

Looks great. I have a feeling I’ll end up with a High Lift though. I love the look of them. Just the scale and the engineering that’s gone into them.

A found a company called JunFac (new to me anyway) who make some awesome looking parts for them.

This looks the nuts! - http://m.junfac.com/product/4-link-suspension-conversion-combo-for-f350-hilux%C2%A0/273/category/31/display/1/#none

• 3 weeks later...