• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Universal Center Diff

tamiyafanboy

Hi All

Below is a picture of my Tamiya TNX which I have converted to brushless, as you can see its just using a crude L shaped bracket mounted to turn the spur on the gearbox.

It works well but I think it looks crude, what I want is a center diff that mounts the motor directly to it?

Does anyone know of something like this?

dlYBxbK.jpg?1

6 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Lol, I use them mounts too...they're boat motor mounts....crude but effective.

Lot's of marques use the all In one mounts, hobao ones are popular

Have you found an adjustable one? 

The one I have is OK but I cant adjust it for bigger smaller pinions!

Also what do you mean marques? 

In my opinion:

I'd leave it as is myself. MT's have reduction gearboxes for a reason. Burned several motors when I went to a cd on a MGT.

I'd just figure out which is best to elongate, chassis or mount so it slides a little and nut/bolt it down when in position.

• Like 1

I bought a Hyper 7 motor mount of dazp1976 on here recently. Very nice piece of work. Buy a Hyper 7 centre diff(with mounts ) on E-Bay, which are plentiful ..... and a motor mount from Daz and you are good to go. Lots of scope for pinion adjustment and Daz adds an extra mounting hole on the motor side which you coulddrill a Hyper chassis for...or...in your case...as you would be making a custom setup, you could attach the diff and motor mount to a plate with countersunk fixings...and then fix the plate to your chassis.

You might have to juggle with driveshafts...but it would be worth it.

BUT....aas daz has mentioned above....check your gearing. If you have made a huge change in gearing.....you could fry the ESC

Edited by Nitroholic
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

In my opinion:

I'd leave it as is myself. MT's have reduction gearboxes for a reason. Burned several motors when I went to a cd on a MGT.

I'd just figure out which is best to elongate, chassis or mount so it slides a little and nut/bolt it down when in position.

I am just worried that if the gearbox gives out that its a bit difficult to get hold of part's, maybe I will just cross that bridge when it comes to it! 

I need to make slots in the mount so I can slide it back n fourth, I can drill holes but how do I make the holes into slots? 

7 minutes ago, tamiyafanboy said:

I am just worried that if the gearbox gives out that its a bit difficult to get hold of part's, maybe I will just cross that bridge when it comes to it! 

I need to make slots in the mount so I can slide it back n fourth, I can drill holes but how do I make the holes into slots? 

Haha, you'll need a pillar drill to drill through that mount....

As for making slots, maybe a dremel will help

• Haha 1