• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Throtle servo not working properly

Martynp36

Please help i live in upton poole i have a 1/8 scale raptor x nitro power truck i have just put a new servo in and im having issuez with it.

When i squeese acceleration it works fine but when i brake it pushes the carb out so its in the acceleration position please help i dont know why its doing this

Few things to check here.

1) What is your throttle/brake linkage looking like. Picture would be handy here...

2) I assume the servo horn rotates in a different direction when you accelerate or brake? If it turns the same...it's not working right.....or the receiver isn't!

not really on anything else....but if you have somewhere to upload it, you can lionk it to the thread.

If the servo is operating correctly from the input, and moving as it should,.,. then your linkage has probably not gone back the same way it came off, or something has got snagged somewhere.

If you can't get a video...a picture of the linkage setup will help. From what I know ... the Raptor X uses a TVP chassis and the servo has a single horn running throttle and broke on 2 seperate rods running forward.

Edited by Nitroholic

Thanks guys after all that the reason its been doing that is because ive lost a stopper on the throttle linkage. The horn on the servo is moving the throttle linkage but not moving it properly on the brake. I just need to find part number MA2048 cant find it in this country tho. Are they all the same size coz there are some but dont want to buy them and them not fit properly. 

Collets like that are common and any with the right diameter hole would work just fine. The rod is probably 2mm thick....

You will find similar parts on just about every nitro RC doing the same job. I had a bag of them from my local hobby shop...originally intended to hold wheels on rc planes. As I said...as long as the hole in the middle matches the diameter of your throttle/brake rod...it's all good. They clamp on with a grub screw

Edited by Nitroholic