• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

6s batteries and esc/motor

hawkesy2k8

6s will play havoc with diffs, gearbox, drive shafts etc your call but with that size car I would think 4s be plenty, my slash used to fly on just 3s

2500kv. 4s. Geared right it will fly. Sunny is right, it won't last long. Bashing will destroy the driveline and speed runs will get lots of air under the shell and flips. 

yeah i have loads of thoughts and see the americans pulling around 150mph on a slash so i want to do it,

i just want one to do 100mph and i'll be happy (the cheapest route) or i'll just buy an XO1 

In all honesty if you want a speed run machine try something like Hyper 7 as its much stronger and diffs etc can handle more power

5 hours ago, sunny said:

In all honesty if you want a speed run machine try something like Hyper 7 as its much stronger and diffs etc can handle more power

I'm inclined to agree.

I don't know much of on road so I'd prob get a 1/8th buggy, stiffen the shocks, lower it's ride height and see what happens.

I've got a mount for the 7 that'll take a 30T pinion if you go that route.

May have one with a very tight bearing hole that needs the diff tapping in a little.

Should help minimize wearing at those kind of rotation speeds.

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1