• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone out tomorrow

I agree with FRANA you will not find anything suitable for that budget. I run max 8 combos and the Arrma combos both are great and you would need something similar to power a t maxx adequately. I'm open to very sensible offers on my combos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Biggreenpants, your gearing will allow you to either go faster or have more torque but not both without upgrading  unfortunately.

If you go down on your pinion you get more torque but less speed.

If you go up you get more speed but less torque and potentially a hot motor

I would suggest running it for a full bash and seeing what the motor temps are like, if you can hold your hand on it you can go up some teeth on your pinion.

Also what KV is your motor and what mAh and C rating does your battery have? these will be factors to concider as well

Are you running 2s at the moment? 

Edited by FRANA

Yeah the battery is what is holding you back... The KV rating is basically how fast the motor spins per volt you put in bacically. I run a 3600kv motor for example with a 3s lipo which in theory will give me 50% more speed than a 2s

In something that heavy and with a lower KV rating you definitely want at least 4s.... Maybe only go higher once you are used to it.

Just had a look at your motor and ESC combo specs and it can take up to 5s so I think 4s is good for now. Chuck another 2s in series would be the least expensive way about it (as long as it has the same specs so one isn't working harder than the other)

Keep it up though bro! Your rig is getting there, you won't regret it :)

Edited by FRANA

10 minutes ago, Bigreenpants said:

Thanks! Any recommendations on battery brand or where to get them? I’d normally go second hand with bits but not sure that’s the way to go with batteries?

Hobbyking for sure! If you are going to go down the running 2 X 2s series route this will work https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-2s2p-40c-hardcase-pack-roar-approved-2.html

It's the same discharge and capacity specs as your current one, the cost is fairly high as it's a hardcase (I 3D print my own haha, let me know if you need one ;) ) 

I have been running this brand of batteries for a long time now I approve of the quality for the price

These aren't very punchy though but that's ok for now just watch if they get hot! 

I run these https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-5000mah-3s-45-90c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html

Makes my trophy truck wheely! 

Also don't go second hand!