• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

air leek issue and high RPM issue TRX 2.5 (S-MAXX)

newnitroer

Hi

So my last post (ex roll cadge) wasn't popular hence why I have just left it to die but the S-MAXX is now back together and was started up for the first time today (only for about 2 mins just to prove it would start up after a full strip down the first I have ever done).

When it was being turned over by the easy start I did notice a bit of fuel or oil spraying up from towards the bottom of the engine  it was very little splashes and hardly noticeable but non the less this clearly means I have a leek on the engine (i know it isn't the fuel because the night before I started it up I just turned the engine over and saw the little splashes and at this point the take was 100% clean and dry and so was the fuel lines the only thing in the engine was ARO so it was the ARO that was coming out. Is there any problems or precautions I need to be aware of if I take engine off the car and run it on its on so that I can find the leek. I am hoping I don't have to do this but just in case I want to know how to do it correctly.

Also another issue which I am sure is just a case of its needs turning (I have just fitted a brand new carb as the HSN managed to come lose and damage the thread on the old one). When the car was started it was idling at a very high RPM despite the carb already being less than 1mm closed at idle it wasn't enough to make the car move but the RPM was just below the clutch engagement point. Could this be related to that really tiny almost unnoticeable air leek I have or is it just a matter of it needs tuning.

Thanks 

UPDATE: 19/04/2018 23:20: I have just discovered that air is leaking pass the glow plug hole when I turn the EZ start over I can feel what is best described as a breeze of air blowing out of the glow plug hole. I have tried removing the glow plug and then turning the gasket the other way around incase it was on the wrong but this has made no improvement. 

Edited by newnitroer
Update