• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Speed passion brushless esc and motor advice needed

RCmk

Hi,

Considering a speed passion reventon r or pro esc for my  durango dex210

Motor will be around 6T

Any advice on ownership, reliability and performance, or should I go with hobbywing?? 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Motor's never seemed to cause anyone issues at our club, esc's we're nothing special, and the one's in the RTR Durango's never seemed to last long.  Unless it's massively cheaper than an equivalent Hobbywing I wouldn't bother.

I wouldn't put a 6.5t in a 210 regardless of the esc - its too much of a handful anywhere except super grippy astroturf with fresh (no more than 2-3 runs) race spec tyres. I started with a 7.5t in mine and moved down to an 8.5t. If you aren't racing even that might be a bit much - the 210 (and most other modern racing 2wds) are designed to get the majority of their rear end grip from the tyres meaning they wear fast and need a constant supply.

I have been using a Reventon R in my F1 for coming up on two years now. No reliability issues to report. Performance is as strong as any other brand and setup is simple with the included programming box. 

Guys thanks :D

Appreciate the info very useful and given me plenty to think about.

At the moment I have one set up mid motor with the reventon R esc and 6.5T Speed passion motor.

Havent run it yet but tested it out and it seemed too fast if anything.

I’ll see if I can take it out just to get an idea of how overkill it might be and then get a motor more suited to what I want.

Second is rear motor set up and has a speed passion Citrix and 13.5t motor but seems a lot slower, again only tested with back wheels in the air, maybe I need to change setting..

I’m thinking to get the same motor and esc set up in both so considering another reventon r and  then I’ll pick a couple of motors.

Ill see what I got to work with and go from there.. 

thanks capri boy, si coe and xv pilot much appreciated.

Anyone wanting to share their experiences with these motors and esc’s please feel free. 

Cheers guys.