• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Scale Scotland

hells

If you're browsing this thread and wondering what RC Scotland is about, we're a friendly bunch of people with a variety of age groups that like to go on adventures with Scale crawlers. 

We have meets for friendly trail runs with some banter as often as we can and every now and then we have crawler competitions as well.

Everyone is welcome regardless of age or gender.

If you're in Scotland, or don't mind traveling to Scotland for events and have a crawler or are looking to get one and go out with friendly people with a good knowledge base check out our Facebook group.

We also have Youtube channel here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgjr9EA7DAWfrtq06jOjyA

We have a few events planned already throughout the year.

The next one is a general trail drive at
Queens View near Carbeth
29 April at 10:30–16:00
Nearest postcode is 
G63 9BA however if you have a smart phone with navigation you can set it for "Queen's View car park and The Whangie" and it should take you there.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:47, RcROB said:

There's not much on the YouTube channel, has there not been any crawl's since then ?.

Aye a few but most of the time everyone's too busy driving to be able to take good video footage.
I've tried a few times but by the time i've filmed everyone at a section, i'm at the back of the group so i don't get another chance to firm them again

On 4/3/2018 at 21:32, Hardcore said:

If you're browsing this thread and wondering what RC Scotland is about, we're a friendly bunch of people with a variety of age groups that like to go on adventures with Scale crawlers. 

We have meets for friendly trail runs with some banter as often as we can and every now and then we have crawler competitions as well.

Everyone is welcome regardless of age or gender.

If you're in Scotland, or don't mind traveling to Scotland for events and have a crawler or are looking to get one and go out with friendly people with a good knowledge base check out our Facebook group.

We also have Youtube channel here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgjr9EA7DAWfrtq06jOjyA

We have a few events planned already throughout the year.

The next one is a general trail drive at
Queens View near Carbeth
29 April at 10:30–16:00
Nearest postcode is 
G63 9BA however if you have a smart phone with navigation you can set it for "Queen's View car park and The Whangie" and it should take you there.

It's a nice place but it's not my cup of tea, i hope everyone has a good day. Am not on Facebook so can someone pls post up hear when all events are planned or get in touch with me.

• 1 month later...

Friday, 25 May 2018

So the next crawl is October 27th ?, Leven rally is a car show is not a rc meet (no mud, rocks ect ect).

If anyone is thinking about going out with there rc scale/crawler trucks, let me know and ail try and pot along ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The next meeting is one June 17th at Castlelaw, details as follows:

Castle Law is a hill south west of Fairmilehead in the Pentland Hills in Midlothian, Scotland. It is best known for the Iron Age hill fort on its slopes. Rc scale scotland returns by popular demand for our first gated competition of the year . We also plan to run a summit trail to the top of Castlelaw . Competition will be run on a south facing slope using paths carved out over the years , steep ascents and descents , loose surface , dirt and shale make for a challenging but exciting adventure for scale 4x4. Walking boots or similar essential . Bring a packed lunch and wet weather gear just in case . Prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd

Hope to see some of you there :D

33944203_10156155700800210_6104309427211

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The next event is Sunday, 23rd of September at 11:30–16:30 on the Eildon Hills, near the Scottish border.

From the Facebook group post

"
Just when you thought it was safe to turn off your controller RC Scale Scotland make a return visit to this popular trail Eildon Hill near Melrose in the Scottish Borders for another Scale crawl . For those that made the trip last year it was 4 hours, 4 miles of tracks for our mighty miniature off roaders . A mixture of light trails over the hill mixed with a few technical challenges too ! Outdoor clothing and footwear essential . Bring a pack lunch it's going to be another great gathering with RC Scale Scotland ! More information will follow soon !"

Google Maps link

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Eildon+Hills/@55.5833316,-2.7341763,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x488782454a9512b9:0xc9619428ce154f4b!8m2!3d55.5833333!4d-2.7166667!5m1!1e4

• 2 years later...