• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your pooches!

J.K

I know this has been done before, but there've been no replies to the other Dog threads for 7 years and all the pics have been bastardised by Photobucket.

So, let's see your pooches!

Here's ours, Oscar the Cocker who's recently turned 2 years old :) 

41030961462_f4df3a3afe_b.jpg

40364368194_6827cb41ee_k.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, collective itch said:

and yes that is a jumper ffs

Ha! Nowt wrong with a christmas jumper! :lol: 

40365792004_1219b9a2b7_k.jpg

• Like 1

I posted max before hes 11 now he was given to me aged 10 months and already his 4th owner. His first owner worked all day and played all night. So max was alone nearly all the time. Next owner just wanted to make money. Sold him to a lady who wanted to breed him. But her little thing ****zu male attacked the staffy every chance. Max just allowed for 3months. Then decided no more and snapped. That was it theyd only need to see each other and max went wild. Once he decided its on it was never off. Pounding stair gates. So the lady offerd him free to me. My friends mum. 

Since then hes been attacked by almost every popular family breed. Even a yorkie went wild biting his legs  max just staring down at it. Until a little old lady came fin and blinding at her dog. Hes had 3x labs and 3x golden retrievers at once. It was like a disney skit. 3 dogs snapping at the air he was just in. Max outdanced them always never even growling back. His fuse must be a mile long. 

But his luck ran out at the park 3yrs ago. Bull mastiff X grey hound type came up no owner in sight but was playful even submissive so i turned my back to get the ball and they played chase me chase me. That hound got him away from me. Then attacked him. I just heard screaming looked and the hound was standing over max with his neck in its mourh. 

I blew up i was gonna boot that dog all the way to the other side of thr feild where a yoing lad was standing watching. Not running tpwards. I got within striking distance and it bolted gone. Leaning like race bike but muscular as a bull mastiff hound head. Once it bolted max tried to run after it. I snapped get here something. Checked him over and he seemed fine. Scratched up alot. 

An old man walking a small dog came over to see if he's ok. Saying he was thankful the thing didnt come to him. His dog would have been ragged. We got home all seemed fine. Then i noticed him licking his shoulder i stopped him then blood just streaked down. That hound peirced his shoulder fully. The next day it was swollen so much he couldn't walk. 

Since then his fuse is gone. Small dogs are fine no threat even if its biting. But big dogs he will lunge first now. Its infuriating. Everyone hates staffies or did now its much better for them. But the bad ones probably been through stuff wed never wish on any creature. I brought him up very well but other fools ruined him. Walking 3 dogs off lead. 

Mayb 13+ times i fought dogs off for him. Inc two times = 6 dogs. Farmers wives in tweed are my nightmare. I even had a guy with sheep dog get within 20ft then let his dog off. That just charged us straight away. I swear he wanted to cause trouble. Like meh staffy watever my collie could take it. 

A biker guy huge mear head full of tats and a staffy much bigger than max. Picked up his dog like a baby and carried it past us. His dog just stared at ud like i don't know either lol. It was funny. 

A time a 3yr old from nowhere just pitta patta i turned around to see a toddler boy in full jump arm up high. As he landed he slapped maxs butt to the floor. Pure shock he just dropped his rear and spun round. Face to face with the kid and he just licked him from chin to eyebrows. I was ready to scald the mum. But i never seen a sight like it. Truly pillar of salt. So i just walked on. 

Its been craziest dog i ever owned. The dogs ide be nervous to challenge are the best dogs. Apart from the mongrel hound. There was a staffy once its gate open as we wakied past it just jumped on him got him by the neck. I shouted and that staffy listened to every word i told it get in. It did. No other breed listend to me. Max had to out dance them to get behind me. His lead dangling. 

Its been crap tbh. Its always maxs fault too cos hes a staffy i swear two owners dogs wild mine scared but its his fault. Well hes a fighting dog int he. No. Hes a loving family pet brought up with 3 babies after him and will take anything from them. Amazing dog. 

I hope there isn't a next time but after his baf attack i don't think he'll take it. Hes been challenged crashing chests with a sharpie luckily the sharpie trotted off give up. I was proud of max that day. He stopped it himself. Again no owner in sight. 

Even the cat scared him under 6 months old lol. The cat was the boss. But was scratching the kids so we gabe him away. Now regret it having a house garden etc. Kids wouldn't leave him alone. Hed sit on the curtain pole or climb the doors and sit on them. Beautiful cat though. 

20130309_203159-1_zps833a3134.jpg

maxoutside_zps6fbf56df.jpg

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are my pics visible? They are to me but saw something that soundef like anothrr could see his bucket pics but nobody else could. So mayb mine arent showing?

Wed like to get the kids a cuddly dog like pure black yorkie type dog i just cant find them. Yorkiepoo mayb. But would be nervous of it being killed at the park. After all that with max. So also want a bigger dog gsd mayb. 

Yeah I can see your pics chap, he's a beauty! 

What a story that is, he's really been through it hasn't he? It's amazing that considering what some dogs have been through they provide nothing but love and compassion in return. Our Oscar's very good when he's out and about but can get a bit over playful, he's still very young. It surprises me how many people just allow their dogs to run up to other dogs - we put him back on his lead when he first sees another dog, not because the other may be aggressive but you just don't know if they're had a bad experience with other dogs before etc. I try to ask the owner first if it's alright for him to come up and play.

Jayde, my Rottweiler, it was a real toss up between a Husky and a Rottweiler, I went to view some, she came waddling across the living room, an absolute lump of fluff and beautiful brown eyes, I knew she was coming home with me.

I was absolutely strict about having a tail too and most I saw had been docked, I don't agree with the practice of it or what it was originally for, therefore wanted no part of it.

I got her at bang on 8 weeks old, she is coming up 7 in October, which from the researching I did, is a decent age for a Rottweiler.

We also have a Lhasa Apso, Tia, who is absolutely nuts, they get on like mother and daughter and best friends.

It's quite amazing, completely different breeds, Tia came about 16 months after Jayde but they just immediately bonded.

My sister actually had Jaydes sister too for a while, but she wasn't quite as friendly as Jayde is and with young kids, she had to get rid of her.

I'll try not to spam lol, but here's a few of our duo.

IMG_5610

DSC05468-20

DSC_9828-2-2

DSC_0026-2

DSC_0031-2

DSC_9855-2

DSC05500-20

• Like 1

I love dogs but dont have the life style to suit owning one. So we borrow nwxt doors lol. He just comes round when he see me get back from work.

Love him he's such a great dog

18893308_1391024204312457_27558544412174

Tail docking depending on breed i see no issue with. Friend as a boxer and it just looks plain wrong with a big Mahoosive tail knocking everything flying.

But with the shooting theres a very good reason for tail docking and the reason its still done on working dogs.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rover Man said:

I love dogs but dont have the life style to suit owning one. So we borrow nwxt doors lol. He just comes round when he see me get back from work.

Love him he's such a great dog

Tail docking depending on breed i see no issue with. Friend as a boxer and it just looks plain wrong with a big Mahoosive tail knocking everything flying.

But with the shooting theres a very good reason for tail docking and the reason its still done on working dogs.  

For me, tail docking, well for Rottweilers, goes back to when they were used for fighting and stuff.

I just didn't want any part of it myself, it doesn't sit well with me whatsoever.

I don't know much about the shooting/working side of it to be honest, but I can't imagine that's Rottweilers anyway.

My German Shepherd Tara. She is 8 years old and was from a rescue centre up north. I didn't rescue he but a sailor down in Portsmouth did but then he was soon posted out the country so we bought her when she was 20 months old. She is a total pain in the arse an acts like a puppy but we wouldn't be without her. Useless as a guard dog because she'd lick to death or want to play ball with you lol

20180106_210517_zpssz0zwvmy.jpg

3 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

I posted max before hes 11 now he was given to me aged 10 months and already his 4th owner. His first owner worked all day and played all night. So max was alone nearly all the time. Next owner just wanted to make money. Sold him to a lady who wanted to breed him. But her little thing ****zu male attacked the staffy every chance. Max just allowed for 3months. Then decided no more and snapped. That was it theyd only need to see each other and max went wild. Once he decided its on it was never off. Pounding stair gates. So the lady offerd him free to me. My friends mum. 

Since then hes been attacked by almost every popular family breed. Even a yorkie went wild biting his legs  max just staring down at it. Until a little old lady came fin and blinding at her dog. Hes had 3x labs and 3x golden retrievers at once. It was like a disney skit. 3 dogs snapping at the air he was just in. Max outdanced them always never even growling back. His fuse must be a mile long. 

But his luck ran out at the park 3yrs ago. Bull mastiff X grey hound type came up no owner in sight but was playful even submissive so i turned my back to get the ball and they played chase me chase me. That hound got him away from me. Then attacked him. I just heard screaming looked and the hound was standing over max with his neck in its mourh. 

I blew up i was gonna boot that dog all the way to the other side of thr feild where a yoing lad was standing watching. Not running tpwards. I got within striking distance and it bolted gone. Leaning like race bike but muscular as a bull mastiff hound head. Once it bolted max tried to run after it. I snapped get here something. Checked him over and he seemed fine. Scratched up alot. 

An old man walking a small dog came over to see if he's ok. Saying he was thankful the thing didnt come to him. His dog would have been ragged. We got home all seemed fine. Then i noticed him licking his shoulder i stopped him then blood just streaked down. That hound peirced his shoulder fully. The next day it was swollen so much he couldn't walk. 

Since then his fuse is gone. Small dogs are fine no threat even if its biting. But big dogs he will lunge first now. Its infuriating. Everyone hates staffies or did now its much better for them. But the bad ones probably been through stuff wed never wish on any creature. I brought him up very well but other fools ruined him. Walking 3 dogs off lead. 

Mayb 13+ times i fought dogs off for him. Inc two times = 6 dogs. Farmers wives in tweed are my nightmare. I even had a guy with sheep dog get within 20ft then let his dog off. That just charged us straight away. I swear he wanted to cause trouble. Like meh staffy watever my collie could take it. 

A biker guy huge mear head full of tats and a staffy much bigger than max. Picked up his dog like a baby and carried it past us. His dog just stared at ud like i don't know either lol. It was funny. 

A time a 3yr old from nowhere just pitta patta i turned around to see a toddler boy in full jump arm up high. As he landed he slapped maxs butt to the floor. Pure shock he just dropped his rear and spun round. Face to face with the kid and he just licked him from chin to eyebrows. I was ready to scald the mum. But i never seen a sight like it. Truly pillar of salt. So i just walked on. 

Its been craziest dog i ever owned. The dogs ide be nervous to challenge are the best dogs. Apart from the mongrel hound. There was a staffy once its gate open as we wakied past it just jumped on him got him by the neck. I shouted and that staffy listened to every word i told it get in. It did. No other breed listend to me. Max had to out dance them to get behind me. His lead dangling. 

Its been crap tbh. Its always maxs fault too cos hes a staffy i swear two owners dogs wild mine scared but its his fault. Well hes a fighting dog int he. No. Hes a loving family pet brought up with 3 babies after him and will take anything from them. Amazing dog. 

I hope there isn't a next time but after his baf attack i don't think he'll take it. Hes been challenged crashing chests with a sharpie luckily the sharpie trotted off give up. I was proud of max that day. He stopped it himself. Again no owner in sight. 

Even the cat scared him under 6 months old lol. The cat was the boss. But was scratching the kids so we gabe him away. Now regret it having a house garden etc. Kids wouldn't leave him alone. Hed sit on the curtain pole or climb the doors and sit on them. Beautiful cat though. 

20130309_203159-1_zps833a3134.jpg

maxoutside_zps6fbf56df.jpg

What a beautiful dog Max is,gorgeous face and colours. I have a Staff , she is called Jess or Rabbit(nick name and she answers to it).

My dad had a Staff called Spike and he loved humans , dog on the other hand...well...not good.Anything and everything he would want to fight, one dog or a pack of them , nothing phazed him. He lived to a ripe old age of 18 , had egg on toast every moring and the best of meat for his dinners. Spoilt rotten.

Here is my baby , Jess.

J

llo.PNG

Our family dog - Skye - shes a sprocker - just turned 1 a few days ago.

This was take during one of her first walks and found long wet grass.

a4cg4.jpg

Take a few months ago waiting for me to get the tennis ball from the car to go play fetch.

wwb3ao.jpg

• Like 1

20180110_110347.jpg

20171106_095752.jpg

My pair of nutters. Velcro the black sprocker loves to play in boxes and thought it was great when model sport used such a big box to send the Knight hauler. Willow is a true English Springer spaniel and as mad as they come but wouldn't swap either of the for diamonds.