• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Damage on Opening (Advice Needed)

RobFandango

Hi All,

Im sure I can't be the first one but I just received my TRX-4 (Brand New) and it looks like the roof is damaged.

I bought from a model shop on Amazon as I had some vouchers to use and the truck has come from France. All was good on arrival was packed well within another box and there is no damage to the box. All cellophane was still on it and so on.

Reality is these cars will get damaged i get that, but its brand new and i didn't expect it to be this way.

Here are some pics, is it damage? is something supposed to be there? What would you do?

Photo%2021-03-2018,%2014%2036%2033.jpg?d

Photo%2021-03-2018,%2014%2036%2048.jpg?d

Its only little but its right on the top and when using it I just can't take my eye off it!

Edited by RobFandango

17 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Id be messaging the seller asking for a replacement shell . It would drive me mad looking at it all the time lol 

Thanks, just messaged them, I wanted to know if I was being picky and unreasonable. Thing is it must have been like this when Traxxas boxed it, the unit was sealed.

Surely this is Traxxas at fault?

It seems a little picky but i guess its annoying to begin, it will soon get worse damage if you have some serious fun with it, i would contact the seller, maybe they can offer you a discount or something to compensate? Although im not sure how easy that will be from Amazon!

Amazon are usually pretty good at refunding or replacing damaged products if you raise the issue with them rather than directly with the vendor. That has been my experience anyway. 

My TRX-4 arrived with little blemishes too from HK but nothing like this. I’ve had a few other pre built models arrive with tiny marks. 

On this  occasion however this is a bit more than that, and no you’re not being picky. All / most TRX’s come shrink wrapped - was it wrapped? I’m thinking maybe it’s been opened, not used and it got marked through handling etc?  

It was completely brand new and was fully shrink wrapped.

the seller has opened 3 others and sent me pictures, they all have exactly the same mark.

dont really know what to do from here, would be stupid to get seller to send me another when they are exactly the same, mark is in exactly the same place.

Sounds like it’s some sort of manufacturing defect if others are the same. Personally, I’d probably leave it. Once you have your first rollover and scuff everything up you’ll prob forget about it :lol: