• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas TRX-4

gti power

1 hour ago, 53HRA said:

Morning pal long time!?

I ordered mine from rcMart - Works out cheaper than UK prices, and there is very low chance of customs as they mark it well.

You may struggle to find a used one as they don't pop up very often :good: 

Hello matey how's it going? 

I see you had also got yourself a TRX-4, how do you find it?

I really shouldn't be buying one if I'm honest after selling my scx-10 I said thats its I'm done and sold all  of what I had. 

11 minutes ago, RobFandango said:

There were a few on the bay, one I watched until the end yesterday but it went  for £444, I was out at £400.

The green one with genuine Traxxas light kit? 

That's the one he seller said I could collect for £350 and I ended up watching also. 

I've been offered two so far, ones supposedly never been used few extras wants £500 the other is £375 again with extras both need lipo and charger. 

Cheers. 

Yep there was a grey one too, I also could have collected for £350 but around 100 miles from me.

local model shop had SCX10 2 so went and got that, no doubt I’ll end up getting a TRX as well if one comes up for the right money, seem to hold their money well though!

4 minutes ago, RobFandango said:

Yep there was a grey one too, I also could have collected for £350 but around 100 miles from me.

local model shop had SCX10 2 so went and got that, no doubt I’ll end up getting a TRX as well if one comes up for the right money, seem to hold their money well though!

I know I had a scx-10 with a D90 body and loved it, decided to sell it and I had spent some money on it to be honest and lost a fair amount. The TRX-4 seems to be hold its value. 

Just watching some videos on YouTube at the moment and the scx-10 2 seems a great contender, does the TRX-4 Defender body fit scx-10 2 easily enough? 

I don't know in all honesty, my local shop has a really detailed land rover body available that fits straight on the SCX but its around £100. comes with loads of internal stuff like gearstick and really detailed bits, may just go with the for this. 

I only bought this for something to build really as the Traxxas comes built, Ive already started spending though, bought a Savox waterproof servo but can't decide on right motor ESC combo, some are recommending 250 dollar setups, sod that!

16 minutes ago, RobFandango said:

I don't know in all honesty, my local shop has a really detailed land rover body available that fits straight on the SCX but its around £100. comes with loads of internal stuff like gearstick and really detailed bits, may just go with the for this. 

I only bought this for something to build really as the Traxxas comes built, Ive already started spending though, bought a Savox waterproof servo but can't decide on right motor ESC combo, some are recommending 250 dollar setups, sod that!

Was it the rc4wd body by any chance? 

It's always money with this hobby that's why I sold up and left but it's like a drug and keeps pulling me back! 

Haha I sold up about 15 years ago when it was going to a hall and racing Schumacher and Tamiya cars around!

and its got me back...

The motor possibilities are mind boggling though now days!

Ps, no idea on the body, looked pretty good though but was hard plastic, not the see through paint yourself kind.

4 minutes ago, RobFandango said:

Haha I sold up about 15 years ago when it was going to a hall and racing Schumacher and Tamiya cars around!

and its got me back...

The motor possibilities are mind boggling though now days!

Ps, no idea on the body, looked pretty good though but was hard plastic, not the see through paint yourself kind.

Certainly sounds like a rc4wd body found on the Gelande, it's the scale Defender's that drew me back in to the hobby... The hole hobby is a mind field ?