• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Associated sc28 transmitter broke

NOFX

:boredlook: .I fixed it. It worked for a while. Then it didn't :boredlook:. The trigger bit where it goes into the electrics snapped off. I glued it & too much came out:rain:. The electric bits stuck fast. Anyone know if I can bind a hobby king tx to it?  Tia.

On 21/02/2018 at 19:29, NOFX said:

:boredlook: .I fixed it. It worked for a while. Then it didn't :boredlook:. The trigger bit where it goes into the electrics snapped off. I glued it & too much came out:rain:. The electric bits stuck fast. Anyone know if I can bind a hobby king tx to it?  Tia.

What receiver are you using dude??

The receiver & esc are all in one :crying:. That's why I'm having difficulty... I've got a few cheap receivers & transmitters laying around, but they're of no use :boredlook:. I'm gutted. It's a great indoor truck for messingabout in the house with. I've just spent £130 on an ftx outlaw.  So I'm banned from spending on Rc for a while :rain:. If I can get the electric bit that's full of glue out of a different tx, I can probably get it soldered into the associated tx. I'm grabbing at straws basically...

Are you a competent solderer?

If the answers anything but yes....I'd leave well alone

Didnt realise it was one of those 2in1 hobbies

Can you not just borrow a tx/RX/esc from another rig??

My advice, sell the RX esc, put it towards some new elec gear

Edited by Fly In My Soup

And you'd get all of about 25p for the sc28 receiver unit :lol:. I had the same issue with an all in one unit in a 1/18, so pulled it all out and replaced with proper mg servo and flysky receiver, but not sure how much room you'd have in the Sc28...??? I know when my wltoys 1/28 truck tx's went bad the trucks just became paper weights.

The rx/esc compartments 26mm wide. I've just tried a micro T rx/esc in there. No chance :crying:. I emailed cml about a new tx. They ain't replied yet. I know it's only about £50 for a new un. But I'm  all spent out regarding rc for a while. I might have a go at getting the corresponding part out of an old tx & getting my "brother in law " to solder it in. He's a computer tech with a PhD.  I can live in hope :boredlook:

Edited by NOFX
Forgot something

The original pot stopped working  ( probably the glue) .So I pulled apart an old losi tx. Bodged the trigger & pot into the associated tx.  It worked great ... Until 2 of the wires came off.. I  give up. But fortunately my misses has let me buy a fox edition one from logic rc. I think it was one of the last 2 in the country :@.@::D .