• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

King Motor Baja Help please!

Jambo1012

Hi guys , 

i recently got a Km001 petrol Baja. Unfortunately I have broke a diff shaft so no need to replace . I have stripped the car down to try and get the diff out and replace the part but am struggling. Has anyone got any advice or guides on how to do this as I've got to a point and am stuck ( and scared ! ) to go any further. 

Any help would be much appreciated 

cheers james 

IMG_1159.JPG

Hi james you have to take a lot of the back end off to get the diff out until you get a aftermarket diff which makes this job a lot easier.

start by taking the spur cover off,remove the spur and pinion(think the pinion needs to be removed haven't done it for awhile then the back plate behind the spur then the orange plate on top where the  brake pads sits once the side plate and top plate is off you should be able to remove the whole diff and start breaking it down etc

yeah its a looonng job with out a turtle quik diff case....:yes:.....took me well over 2hrs first time had to take out my 5bss diff as i destroyed the stock case:crying:.......so invested in the quik case ...now its a 15-20min job:good:...jus take a few pics if u feel unsure then u can lookat them come rebuild time

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1