• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Konghead 6x6 4WS Brushless

NITO

Thanks chaps, I’ll try to get some vids up in the next couple of days.

I use a 2S Lipo, works in all my Tamiya’s...Core RC!
large.IMG_1096.JPG.6fadaf8b4b029af2f06fc417ffcd9d7a.JPG

The ESC and Motor are HPI items.
I have the same core RC lipo, they are great!

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a very similar setup in my G6-01. However I disabled the crab steer option as I found that it simply dragged the middle wheels sideways. The ability to switch on the fly between 4WS for slow driving with a focus on maneuverability and 2WS for speedier driving is very useful though.

• Like 1

HNY everyone!

You’re not wrong XV, I left the crab steer option configured still, the only time I think it could be useful is in a high speed run situation, although it drags the middle wheels, it seems to maintain stability better but my testing has been limited so far. The dual rate on the rear opposite steer seems a good option to have.

I’m currently running the 18T stock pinion at the moment as I forgot to order a steel one. I do have a steel 20T in the box but I’ll see how the 18T goes first before deciding on which one to have installed.

I plan to do a little vid showing the turning circle difference with the 4WS, even with the reduced EPA over stock that Injave set up. It could be tighter stil but I didn’t like the strain on the servo bracket. I do have a metal servo bracket I got for the GF01, I need to check if it’s the same setup but that could possibly help and allow me to restore the tighter steering. That said, I know some have suffered with grip roll so it may be better to leave as is!

After the neat install, one thing I forgot to add was LED’s of which I have some in stock, would quite like some on this I think. I have a slightly ambitious plan for the paintwork, not sure yet how that will pan out but I’m looking forward to the ‘intended’ outcome!

Cheers 

Nito

• Like 1